• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Problems With Battery Central Mall?

Thanks for the update. I will still keep waiting for a little bit longer in hopes I finally receive the battery.

Pretty sure the supplier is Jim's Battery Mfg. who took over for Antique Auto Battery several years ago. I bought a Ford battery directly from him back in 2021 and at that time it seemed like the business was standing on a banana peel.
You are correct. I have tried numerous times to tell Alice and Jim that this avoidance type of customer service will hurt there business, but, for some reason they believe differently. I had a warranty issue with the last battery I purchased and Alice informed me that they would correct it and send me out a new battery on the following Monday. That was over 10 Mondays ago. And no response to my nearly one dozen request for an update. If you're listening Jim's Battery, your customers will understand and work with you IF YOU COMMUNICATE OPENLY AND HONESTLY WITH THEM.

I've heard this mentioned before about the repro batteries. What makes them so different than a regular battery?
True, but for a disposable item, there is no sense in spending the big bucks on a repro battery that will most likely go dead before a store-bought battery.

I've heard this mentioned before about the repro batteries. What makes them so different than a regular battery?

I don’t know, a lead acid battery isn’t rocket science. I purchased three over the years and two of them failed within two years. One failed in less than six months & that one was replaced under warranty. I’m done with buying overpriced junk batteries. A store bought battery and sticker/cap kit is good enough me.

I'm on year 11 with the pc925 Odyssey AGM in my plane. I've never charged it and plane sits all winter, usually 7 months..

Repro I bought for the Bee in 2016 has one inside it, bought from Jim back then, zero issues to date. Same as all the PC925's I've put into old cases, zero issues.

The old acid filled' repros from the late 80's, early 90's certainly sucked.

I agree with Dad, this particular supplier is not making a Lead acid battery. Using the proper tender sparingly will make them last even longer. Worth the money if you can get him to make one for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back