• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any tank nuts here? WW1, WW2 Korea, Vietnam?

1724553214411.png

I haven't read all 227+ pages here. I have had a typical fascination with mainly WW2 tanks for over 5 decades, spent 5 days at Normandy, visited a doz? War museums around the world, and read a lot online.
But I discovered something today I have yet to see discussed online ever, that puzzled me, and I found that I thought was interesting, resolving and worth sharing explanation:

Bore evacuator - Wikipedia

I believe that made an appearance on US tanks in the Pershing M26 with its 90 mm gun in late WWII. I may be mistaken.

German WWII half-tracks, turning the steering wheel would initially turn the front wheels, and after a certain point, it would engage a track-steering system like on a tank

Germany sure built a wide array of tracked vehicles during the war. I know some of them shared a common chassis but it’s like they couldn’t stop trying out new configurations for tanks, tank destroyers, assault guns, troop carriers, etc ,rather than standardize on a few.

Auto Transport Service
Back