• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else noticed a lack of feedbacks from eBay sellers recently?

I saw that you can only leave positive feedback some time ago, and had to deal with a guy and his BS. So, seeing how I can only leave positive feedback, I will detail how this is actually negative feedback in the comments. No, he had made his feedback private/hidden, so prospective buyers can only see the positive feedback count and no comments. So utterly deceptive in my opinion!!
As far as I know you can still exclude buyers with private feedback

As far as I know you can still exclude buyers with private feedback
It has been quite a while since I have been a seller, just an occasional buyer. What burned me was that he said the item was broken due to poor shipping which was BS. I told him that I would refund his money and he didn't have to send it back and incur more shipping on his part. AND, he could always just glue it together. Like a proper little libtard, he turned it all around in his feedback to me that I told him to just glue it together...

I recently gave a seller a NEUTRAL feedback on a part that i purchased, from a vendor, and it never has shown up on their feedback rating page.

Have you considered using the speech to text function? I find it works fairly well in most instances. Sorry to hear about your hand troubles.
No, but I'll give it a try. Won't
know how it affects the
format until I attempt using
using it. Thanks for the
suggestion.

No, but I'll give it a try. Won't
know how it affects the
format until I attempt using
using it. Thanks for the
suggestion.
Does anyone here know of
any tools that don't add to
the budget for speech to
text? Cheapest I could find
was .72 cents an hour.
Maybe cheap for some, but
would cut into my beer
budget being on a fixed
income.

I didn't know that there were extra cost options. I just tap the microphone icon in my little window where I'd normally type when using text, or the same for using a search engine.

I have given honest feedbacks over the years but it seems time to stop using ebay and the like as the care and attention in packaging items has declined as well as the urgency to ship items. **Being out here a few more miles away makes that waiting time seem an eternity.
** Yeah, I'll bet, that sucks...

I don't sell on Flea-Bay ever
I did a couple times, not anymore

When I have a good experience,
I state so & when it's not so good, I state so also...
Look out for the next guy...

Most my buying/bidding experience's albeit none of late,
have been pretty good

Selling was '****' experiance, & was not my fault...
I've been stiffed or conned a couple times by buyers,
claimed they didn't get product/parts, when the delivery company had proof...
Flea-Bay did nothing to or for me or to fix it...
Then, they took my comments down on the buyers stiffing me,
putting in a false accusation & claim
or claimed total lies BS, about parts condition or shipping etc.
I won't sell on Fea-Bay anymore or ever...

Chris Birdsong did a video about this exact same thing. Chuck it out.

Bingo !!

Bingo - Steve Carrol agressive finger pointing.gif

Years ago did considerable ebay buying/selling. Not much in the past 8-10-years. Seems the site is more unfriendly to use every time I'm looking to post something, rule changes, etc. MOST people have been great to deal with. Only had two occasions dealing with jerks. One was my fault, selling 10 items and shipped nine. Buyer’s way of informing me was posting negative feedback, ripped off, etc. I apologized and sent him the item…but back then anyway, try getting it removed was a hassle.

Yeah, I’ve noticed little feedback last few years. I think it’s valuable as one way to get some confidence with who I’m dealing with. We’ve seen some iffy things with ‘new’ members on the forum selling stuff immediately that makes me wonder. And things have been tainted though with FAKE product reviews. Pretty much ignore the positive ones just looking at the negative ones..

For the most part on eBay, only positive reviews get recorded because sellers and buyers appeal to have neutral or bad reviews dropped. If only positive reviews are allowed, then the system is of zero value. It's actually even worse than zero because it gives users a false sense of who they are dealing with.

My last experience with selling on ebay was in 2017. I sold a 73 Dart Sport and got a good price for it. Since then, I've heard a LOT of bad stories of how more and more, sellers are getting screwed over by unscrupulous "buyers". In theory and certainly in reality, buyers have ALL the power. If you sell a car that is exactly as described, a buyer that receives it can BS their way out of it if they get buyers remorse.
Imagine that you sell the car, they have it shipped and (even though the car is exactly what was described) suddenly the buyer regrets the purchase and then makes up a story to legitimize a refund. Now the seller is obligated to take the car back and refund the shipping charges. What if the car comes back damaged by the buyer? What recourse does the seller have there? None.
I'll have a car to sell again in a few months and I'm unsure of how I'll advertise it. Ebay used to be great for accessing a wider audience and get a higher price than I'd get locally but I would be absolutely livid to have to refund money because the buyer is a cheat or an idiot.
that doesn’t apply to cars that are over 10 years old, a friend of mine bought an amc and had issues but eBay said it wouldn’t apply because car was over ten years old

that doesn’t apply to cars that are over 10 years old, a friend of mine bought an amc and had issues but eBay said it wouldn’t apply because car was over ten years old
Didn't things start to go south with Ebay years back when they joined forces with PayPal (really just another huge profit center), where the pitch was everybody could buy and sell with abandon since Ebay/Paypal now had EVERYBODY's back? :rolleyes:

Feedback was always a joke, with a seller just doing the right thing got 12 Pluses and 4 supers for a simple enveloped mailed $4 sale every time.

I view eBay as being another Amazon now. I don’t have time to leave reviews on Amazon and am not as diligent about leaving feedback on eBay now either like I used to be.
I have a lot of clutter I’d really like to find new homes for, I sure wish we had the eBay of 15 to 20 years ago back!

Years ago did considerable ebay buying/selling. Not much in the past 8-10-years. Seems the site is more unfriendly to use every time I'm looking to post something, rule changes, etc. MOST people have been great to deal with. Only had two occasions dealing with jerks. One was my fault, selling 10 items and shipped nine. Buyer’s way of informing me was posting negative feedback, ripped off, etc. I apologized and sent him the item…but back then anyway, try getting it removed was a hassle.

Yeah, I’ve noticed little feedback last few years. I think it’s valuable as one way to get some confidence with who I’m dealing with. We’ve seen some iffy things with ‘new’ members on the forum selling stuff immediately that makes me wonder. And things have been tainted though with FAKE product reviews. Pretty much ignore the positive ones just looking at the negative ones..
I won't buy from someone with less than 98.5% positive....and I am a bit leery about those with 100% while still selling more than 1,000 items/feedbacks.

I have been selling for many many years now , but honestly not lately - Zero issues with only about 300 transactions - Anyways

Can you state in the description , will not sell to anyone with zero feedback , or refuse to sell to anyone with zero or negative feedback

Can you state in the description , will not sell to anyone with zero feedback , or refuse to sell to anyone with zero or negative feedback
I'm not sure about that ....but plenty of sellers won't sell to certain countries.

I only have a 317 rating to show for my 19 years....mostly buying. That's a lot of shipping I have paid....not to mention how much PayPal has stiffed me over with their 'Exchange rates'. :cursin:
And then there was around 400 packages sent to mostly USA with Hotwheels trades. :rolleyes:

I have been selling for many many years now , but honestly not lately - Zero issues with only about 300 transactions - Anyways

Good question, wish I knew as I’ve not kept up with all the flea-bay changes the last some years. When I get the urge to post on the site…well damn, this and that has changed needing to study up on it…then I get peeved and say forget it for the 20-25 bucks I might get after sucking on the shipping costs people don’t want to pay. Order on Amazon for free shipping.

More often I take my stuff to the scrap yard, restore, or Goodwill – takes less time after packing it up, filling out shipping forms. padam (post 6 and also #41) mentioned only positive feedback is allowed now? Wasn’t aware of this, how helpful is this, huh?

Good question, wish I knew as I’ve not kept up with all the flea-bay changes the last some years. When I get the urge to post on the site…well damn, this and that has changed needing to study up on it…then I get peeved and say forget it for the 20-25 bucks I might get after sucking on the shipping costs people don’t want to pay. Order on Amazon for free shipping.

More often I take my stuff to the scrap yard, restore, or Goodwill – takes less time after packing it up, filling out shipping forms. padam (post 6 and also #41) mentioned only positive feedback is allowed now? Wasn’t aware of this, how helpful is this, huh?
Buyers can still leave negative feedback to sellers.

Auto Transport Service
Back