• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use these cams street/strip

I don't have a recommendation but I do know your Plymouth is One Bad ride!!!

Hi Mark,
good to see you getting going,darn i wish i could rebuild a motor that cheap.
idles at what :eek:
well we ran Mopar Rumble on Sunday - how do say HOT,DAMN HOT
86-96F , DA from 2500-3500 ish
the Satellite slowed down a bit over a 1/10 went 11.27 and 29 quickest with 118-119 mph
Greg's Roadrunner really liked the new Lunati.had previous best of 11.48 and just over 116.went 11.34 and 118.46mph.so more to come.
it was an all Texs Automotive big block final with me grabbing the win :headbang:
heres some vids,including a couple of passes from Lee Bektash's prostocker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICa3wKKe0ac&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/user/madmanproductionsaus
finals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJ29l0rcJQ

PS : the hemi final was for hemi 6 cyl cars
Tex

Last edited:
Its amazing that a small change on the cam helped that much. My rebuild was on the cheap cheap, my goal was to do it with no money, one of those dont do this at home boys, I had to call in a few favors as well. I believe I did the New Headers on Lee's car, they were sold thru Rick Waters who does his engines. I heard he came out here to Las Vegas, but I didnt get to meet him. Good job on the Win !!!! Ill let you know how the cam works once i get to make a few proper runs.

Mark Lelchook
Performance Welding
Racing Headers

Ok, well it had fuel system issues, it was running out of fuel at the strip because it had a stock 3/8 line and a mechanical pump. Between the 11.49 and the cam change I upgraded the fuel system but it was never run just with the upgrade.
I think if your going to tell a story it should be the whole story, not just the part you want to tell.

In my cheap cheap rebuild I bought an edelbrock mechanical pump as it just had a stock one. Im wondering when it will hold me back, sounds like its already is doing so. Im even still using the small 5 /16" line from the pump to the carbs, but it has 3/8" line from the tank to the pump. I suppose I need to get around to changing that small line asap, they dont make a nice stock looking Brass T for the cross ram in 3/8". I never did get around to taking the car back to the track, just no time, and our racing season has ended. Im taking the stocker out sunday for one last bracket race, I need to test before winter. I made some changes to the heads and the intake, and need to test badly or my mind will explode over winter without results from my changes.

Mark Lelchook

Good luck

In my cheap cheap rebuild I bought an edelbrock mechanical pump as it just had a stock one. Im wondering when it will hold me back, sounds like its already is doing so. Im even still using the small 5 /16" line from the pump to the carbs, but it has 3/8" line from the tank to the pump. I suppose I need to get around to changing that small line asap, they dont make a nice stock looking Brass T for the cross ram in 3/8". I never did get around to taking the car back to the track, just no time, and our racing season has ended. Im taking the stocker out sunday for one last bracket race, I need to test before winter. I made some changes to the heads and the intake, and need to test badly or my mind will explode over winter without results from my changes.

Mark Lelchook

Mark it's going to be a cold slick track at Sacto or Sears Point, be careful... Bring some traction aid VHT or something & Good luck.... I would switch to the larger line minimum for sure, "it can't hurt", I would also go with a quality electric fuel pump, 2 fuel filters with 1 before the pump {saves the pump} & 1 before the carbs {both cleanable style preferably} & bypass style regulator flowing back to the tank, it will be money well spent... You can get a 3/8" & use #6 A/N stuff or a 1/2" & use #8 A/N stuff, either the 3/8" or 1/2" sending unit possibly or modify your existing one.... Mancini Racing maybe or try Inline tube for the fuel hard lines possibly "I think it's been a while", Idont know what they carry or if they have your specific year make of car...

Ok, well it had fuel system issues, it was running out of fuel at the strip because it had a stock 3/8 line and a mechanical pump. Between the 11.49 and the cam change I upgraded the fuel system but it was never run just with the upgrade.
I think if your going to tell a story it should be the whole story, not just the part you want to tell.
Glen really you should have the guts to put your name up - or could have called me.
the fuel system was upgraded in my shop - i even helped you.you had not even thought to flow the system to see if it was the fault.you fitted a carter 90gph/6psi(?) internal reg pump.we then flowed it through stock bent lines and plastic throw away filter to the mechanical pump,about 2 3/4-3 litres in 30 seconds maybe.then a straight line and the same filter,about 1/4-1/2 litre more.then i fitted a system 1 filter and about another 1/2 litre.
the car was dynoed with this fuel sytem fitted,you know because i told you,sh!t you were drinking beer across the way and heard if i remember rightly.i ran with and without the electric pump running,it was lean both ways.
the next day it had part failure,timing key.
all power gains after this were cam and jetting to suit
you had not dynoed the car at any time or flowed the fuel system to locate any fault - just a blanket it is running out of fuel,must be the pump.It has a Carter high performance mechanical pump fitted.
call it how you like.you have helped me out and i have helped you out but you are showing no class on this
Tex

Glen really you should have the guts to put your name up - or could have called me.
the fuel system was upgraded in my shop - i even helped you.you had not even thought to flow the system to see if it was the fault.you fitted a carter 90gph/6psi(?) internal reg pump.we then flowed it through stock bent lines and plastic throw away filter to the mechanical pump,about 2 3/4-3 litres in 30 seconds maybe.then a straight line and the same filter,about 1/4-1/2 litre more.then i fitted a system 1 filter and about another 1/2 litre.
the car was dynoed with this fuel sytem fitted,you know because i told you,sh!t you were drinking beer across the way and heard if i remember rightly.i ran with and without the electric pump running,it was lean both ways.
the next day it had part failure,timing key.
all power gains after this were cam and jetting to suit
you had not dynoed the car at any time or flowed the fuel system to locate any fault - just a blanket it is running out of fuel,must be the pump.It has a Carter high performance mechanical pump fitted.
call it how you like.you have helped me out and i have helped you out but you are showing no class on this
Tex
Poor Glen your putting him down, I believe the last cam change Glen did was in Andrews Cuda what didnt he go from 11s to 10.6:argue:

argueing on the internet is like the special olympics,nice feeling going nowhere.
i think with Andrew's Cuda the engine rebuild(another block),far bigger cam,bigger/better carb,1/2" fuel system,Caltracs (front and back),and if i remember rightly a new Cope trans and converter may also have helped out in picking up 9/10 of a second
Tex

argueing on the internet is like the special olympics,nice feeling going nowhere.
i think with Andrew's Cuda the engine rebuild(another block),far bigger cam,bigger/better carb,1/2" fuel system,Caltracs (front and back),and if i remember rightly a new Cope trans and converter may also have helped out in picking up 9/10 of a second
Tex
That's funny so when you change a cam to one almost the same and it picks up. (a little!) "its your magic cam that's made most the difference". BUT if Glen changes a cam the difference is made by heaps of other things. Unfortunately you do to much reading and asking and not enough of your own practical homework, as for the far bigger cam to do a little change like you did in Gregs 500+ cube engine was a waste of time and his money $$$$$$

Auto Transport Service
Back