• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone want to make a few $$$s? Advice on Sniper install

Let's start over. If I buy the distributor that goes with this ignition system, then I can delete the resistor.
Does that make any of this easier?
Yes, buy a Hyperspark distributor. They Hyperspark will let you control the timing from the Sniper. That gives you a digital timing curve, vacuum advance, start retard, rev limiter, etc.
You need to tie IGN 1 and IGN 2 wires together and then have them connect to the pink wire from the Sniper, Hyperspark distributor and the Ignition box. The blue and brown wires provide power for start and run. Your system needs power during both start and run which is why you tie them together. The three pink wires are all trigger wires and they need power during both start and run. Here is a Sniper install that I did:

Yes, buy a Hyperspark distributor. They Hyperspark will let you control the timing from the Sniper. That gives you a digital timing curve, vacuum advance, start retard, rev limiter, etc.
You need to tie IGN 1 and IGN 2 wires together and then have them connect to the pink wire from the Sniper, Hyperspark distributor and the Ignition box. The blue and brown wires provide power for start and run. Your system needs power during both start and run which is why you tie them together. The three pink wires are all trigger wires and they need power during both start and run. Here is a Sniper install that I did:

With all those parts, I can then delete the ballast resistor, so that I can then use the brown/blu wires, yes?

I just got a sweet diode harness (mentioned above) to try to get things working the way they are. I'm gonna try that before dropping $1k on a new ignition setup.

Just depends on what parts you have now. If you're using a factory Mopar distributor then you won't be able to control timing from the Sniper and the Sniper won't be able to adjust timing to stabilize the idle speed. You also won't have start retard and stuff like that. If the engine is stock you should be fine but if you're running a big cam then you almost always need the Hyperspark distributor

Just depends on what parts you have now. If you're using a factory Mopar distributor then you won't be able to control timing from the Sniper and the Sniper won't be able to adjust timing to stabilize the idle speed. You also won't have start retard and stuff like that. If the engine is stock you should be fine but if you're running a big cam then you almost always need the Hyperspark distributor

You were talking about the Hyperspark distributor and ignition box, so that's what I was referring to.

Auto Transport Service
Back