• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone watch Fired up Garage

It is a black car nothing special about black. Maybe its true 50 years ago only really straight cars were selected to be painted black (very doubtful, all of them should have been straight). But that was 50 years ago and today its not going to look like it just came down the assembly line and it does not. They are trying to make a TV show and hype it up as much as possible. Its currently sponsored by Dodge so it goes to figure Dodge is insisting they get Dodge products. Fast and Loud now sponsored by Dodge and he drive a Dodge truck and is building Dodge products on the show. It is all about the money and that part is sad... They also lead people to believe that making over a car is a simple process and they don't show the work that goes in to it. I mean you can only do so much in an hour.

I like it a lot better than Fast N Loud for whatever that is worth. I just can't stand Richard. Everything about him makes me cringe. His wooo-woos, his designer torn jeans, his excessive jewelry-wearing, his Miller Lite-drinking and product placement (even setting his can down on someone's nice air-grabber B-Body at the auction) - everything about him grates on my nerves - not the kind of person I'd ever want to spend ANY amount of time around. The Misfit Garage guys at least seem more down to earth.

I was cringing about their plans for the black '71 'Cuda though - 18" wheels, wheel tubs, modern Hemi. Ugggg. But if you look at what sells for big money to rich knuckleheads at the big auctions they are right on target to go for the pro-touring thing. Just too bad they have to do it to something that would be nice to leave alone.

There's a lot not to like about Rawlings, but I do like his business sense. For a guy who's gone from a broke fireman paramedic to where he is now, he deserves some credit. I also like how he deals with people with that Texas sense of formality... sort of that "always refer to someone else as Sir if for no other reason that to show you're more of a gentleman than he is".

What I've always liked about the show is few things ever go to plan. I hate that about other shows where they're edited to make it look like everything fits right the first time, budgets are always kept, etc. I think a great contrast is Phantomworks where they don't give a crap what something costs because they are spending customer money. It's good to see a shop owner obsessing over costs like most of us have to.

And I think the best wisdom he has ever offered was "you make your money when you buy a car, not when you sell it". If more guys in this hobby would learn that they would be much happier. :)

Whatever you think of the Big Monkey, he ain't boring. I would love to hang out with him & Aaron at an auction. Richard , if nothing else, generally has a good time. Which I remind everyone, is why we play with cars .

i like it a lot better than fast n loud for whatever that is worth. I just can't stand richard. Everything about him makes me cringe. His wooo-woos, his designer torn jeans, his excessive jewelry-wearing, his miller lite-drinking and product placement (even setting his can down on someone's nice air-grabber b-body at the auction) - everything about him grates on my nerves - not the kind of person i'd ever want to spend any amount of time around. The misfit garage guys at least seem more down to earth.

I was cringing about their plans for the black '71 'cuda though - 18" wheels, wheel tubs, modern hemi. Ugggg. But if you look at what sells for big money to rich knuckleheads at the big auctions they are right on target to go for the pro-touring thing. Just too bad they have to do it to something that would be nice to leave alone.
i agree. If you fix it up like it was. Don't start adding a bunch of non era parts.

See the 62 Ferrari kit car? I'd have crushed that POS.

I know a Tom look a like!

pete.jpg

It's hard to find good car shows on tv. This show and F&L do not qualify

I watch whatever car show happens to be on, just because I like watching cars being built and enjoyed...show cars (Foose/American Chopper type builds), or something that gets driven hard! Richard looks like a pompous *** at times, just like Mark at GYC doing his little dances, I can indulge in those shows or watch lame comedies and/or reality shows. The bearded wonder has his own show, Shifting gears....building stuff to drive and race....so far, I am enjoying the new show! Aaron and crew built a truck for King of Hammers, great build for the first one.....but, the race did not go as planned!!! Which I can think we will agree on....is more true to life than 7 day builds! So....if you get a chance, check it out, might be right up your alley!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back