• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body wannaB

Understood and have been given the same advice repeatedly. I’m a skeptic by nature so makes perfect sense as a non-negotiable on my checklist.

With potential cars all over the country, and intentionally not wanting to limit to the local market, developing acceptable ways of finding out of state inspection sources closer to the sale location is another question that’s been on my mind.

Is it allowable on this site to seek out recommendations for experienced inspectors that may cover the seller’s local area one option I could lean on when needed? If so what sub forum is best?

Again, thanks for your insights here.
Not directly related, there is a sticky thread for potential help in transporting a car.

Transportation thread. Wanted/Available​

I don't recall that there is a specific thread for inspection help, but a number of times people have posted a car and asked if someone local is willing to go check it out as a first pass check. Several members here have volunteered to help.

Not directly related, there is a sticky thread for potential help in transporting a car.

Transportation thread. Wanted/Available​

I don't recall that there is a specific thread for inspection help, but a number of times people have posted a car and asked if someone local is willing to go check it out as a first pass check. Several members here have volunteered to help.
Thanks for that! I’ll tuck that away. Might be a long shot in some cases but glad to hear it’s worked in the past.

Welcome to the site.

Being from Pennsylvania, you are within driving distance to Carlisle and Columbus for two of the biggest Mopar shows. Lots of for sale vehicles there to haggle over.

Don't buy anything site unseen as pictures will not give you the full details as your set of eyeballs.

Welcome from State College! My dad's first Mopar was a '52 Dodge. I've aged a bit since that picture was taken. Owned seven GTXs since then, contact me if you want a second set of eyes on an inspection.

F86E3DC1-F009-4B19-AF5D-6DD36B7A9705.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

Being from Pennsylvania, you are within driving distance to Carlisle and Columbus for two of the biggest Mopar shows. Lots of for sale vehicles there to haggle over.

Don't buy anything site unseen as pictures will not give you the full details as your set of eyeballs.
Yep! I started looking just after Carlisle this year. We’ve traveled back and forth on that dreaded PA turnpike for decades and have actually never stopped there. I had business in Columbus back in the day but didn’t even know they hosted Mopar Nationals.

All good to know! Thanks!

Welcome! You will find the right car and the people here can help you on that journey.

Welcome from Alabama, figure your budget and don't go out on a limb for something you may not be able to keep. Being able to inspect in person is always a good idea, even if you need someone with you with more knowledge.

Welcome from Alabama, figure your budget and don't go out on a limb for something you may not be able to keep. Being able to inspect in person is always a good idea, even if you need someone with you with more knowledge.
Thanks. Makes perfect sense. I get it there’s no substitute for seeing firsthand. Being a rookie hunter I guess it must just take time to learn enough to be diligent/prudent about what potential buys to take that step with and not spending money foolishly.
Maybe it’s a bit embarrassing to admit but at this point I must be in an ‘infatuation’ stage or something like that. Finding there’s many, many pretty girls at this dance.
Does that make sense?

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. I get it there’s no substitute for seeing firsthand. Being a rookie hunter I guess it must just take time to learn enough to be diligent/prudent about what potential buys to take that step with and not spending money foolishly.
Maybe it’s a bit embarrassing to admit but at this point I must be in an ‘infatuation’ stage or something like that. Finding there’s many, many pretty girls at this dance.
Does that make sense?
Makes perfect sense. Just remember a pretty girl doesn't make it a good girl. I once drove 1700 hundred miles with a trailer and money in hand only to come back with an empty trailer and my money. It was one of those cars that was picture perfect, but ended up being a bondo sculpture.

Makes perfect sense. Just remember a pretty girl doesn't make it a good girl. I once drove 1700 hundred miles with a trailer and money in hand only to come back with an empty trailer and my money. It was one of those cars that was picture perfect, but ended up being a bondo sculpture.
On the flip side, sometimes the good one isn't picture perfect. Baby Blue, the '68 GTX I sold a few years ago for around 20 times my original purchase price in 1983 didn't photograph well, initially, really shabby paint. Shown below, in 2021. Paint job cost $2100 in 1985, spent about $5000 on mechanical details when I owned the car the second time from 2013 to 2021. All trim on the car was new OEM when I bought it, didn't show in the pictures, half was boxed in the trunk, not mentioned in the for sale ad. Exhaust tips are assembly line originals purchased in the mid-seventies, been on the car for 39 years.

IMG_0086.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the B-body quest, or any MoPar

Thanks! I know the drain of a long distance haul to nail a purchase, but haven’t (yet) experienced coming home empty handed. Like you said that would be crushing. Sorry you had to go through that.

I have to be resolved to focus on learning more about the keys ‘what to look for, and how to accurately assess it, versus getting too far out on my skis looking at actual sexy girls right now. And I have a lot to learn about those particulars.

Thank you sir!

Auto Transport Service
Back