• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett Jackson

The thing with those charity cars.......I'm glad to see the price go so high, its a great cause..But lets not forget it is a tax wright off ( so before we call these guys hero's lets not forget the motive)

I also say the Boss 429, went for $200K, like I said in 07 that car went for $450K (not the same one)

How bout the Blown Hemi Cuda I think that went for $175K...........

And who said they don't like Pro Touring LOL, Just joking....I have a Pro Street and it gets a lot of attention where ever I go ( I know there not for everyone, But I have had a lot of other Mopars & I just love the look)

Butch

How about the 66 Hemi Coronet for 67K??!!!

i actually like watching the live streaming video for the russo and steele auction online between cars on bj lot more mopars at that auction .

I watch it every year just fast forward through the cameros chevelles and other cars that they sell dozens of .

Check off one on the bucket list. Headed there tomorrow morning with my son and some other friends. I'll be the guy wearing thee drool napkin!!!

But on the other side I saw some great resto's that the seller didn't even come close to cost and had to sell. You have to have some huge corlionis to sell with no reserve!!

It's sad that some owners have to take a loss like that, but it's a small price to pay to end the abuse of reserves that created mayhem with car prices in the 1990s and early 2000s.

This thread is from last year. The 2012 Scottdale event starts today and runs through Sunday.

Yes I know lol my comment has underlying attributes towards another thread never mind me :)

That show makes it incredibly hard for me to be able to afford a car..

Havent heard a peep about that one show that had the tent collapse last year, and damage all those cars. Was that settled well by insurance, or were owners screwed-over?

Watching now. Just saw a 57 bel air start at 70k how absurd! Stinking chebys!

Desoto!!!

Havent heard a peep about that one show that had the tent collapse last year, and damage all those cars. Was that settled well by insurance, or were owners screwed-over?

i heard about that...Russo and Steele (IIRC) in Scottsdale last year or two years ago. pretty sure insurance took care of it.

Btw...B-J was a reserve auction back in the day (25+(?) years ago) and they very rarely do it anymore. although i did notice tonight they had a bunch of cars with a reserve...i think they were Ron Pratte's cars.

sweet-*** desoto that was sold in that block. dual quads in '58!!!! that's my vote for one of the earliest muscle cars!!! take that pontiac super-duty!!! :icon_fU:

You guys see the pair of red b-bodies go accross? A `71 Hemi GTX and `70 Coronet R/T convertible six pack. They barely stopped moving as they went accross and they never even lifted the hood on the vert! Hammered away at 115K for the pair. That's B.S. at the B.J.! Like they don't make a big deal about the cars and don't give the crowd time to respond on purpose because one of there friends or they themselves are buying them.

Auto Transport Service
Back