• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best One man brake bleeder setup? Recommendations please

I've tried them all. Mity-vac, the Motive pressure bleeder, speed bleeders, the Phoenix reverse pressure bleeder, and making my wife sit in the car and pump the pedal. The old fashioned way seems to work best, honestly, but requires a helper. The Phoenix system (although pricey) did work pretty well - make sure you follow the directions about holding the pedal in a bit to open the ports in the master cylinder. The Motive pressure bleeder makes a hell of a mess, in my experience, on anything but an iron master cylinder....

I'll go with the others here and suggest a quick double check that the drums are adjusted properly - I've chased that annoying problem before!

I use a one man bleeder i get at advance auto its just a hose with a check valve in it it costs like 6 dollars works great when you dont have a 2nd person ,

Russell Speed Bleeders and a bleeder cup. Make sure the hose on the bleeder is sealed. Put new fluid in cup covering hose end.

bleeder cup.jpgRussell.jpg

Paul did you bleed the master cylinder first? Then start with the RR wheel, then LR, then RF and LF last?
Heck I usually just gravity feed them but I too have tried most all of the methods..

I am using a Vacuum Bleeder ..from HAZET it works with a compressor...... bleeding brakes is a 5 MIn. Job with this tool.

Greetings Juergen

Nothing high tech but I use the HF one man bleeder kit and added a one way check valve in the tubing. Works fine but is more work.

Speed bleeders are the only way to go for me, have them on all my rides. Tried the vacuum type a long time ago and just prefer pushing fluid out with pressure method.

Used the Russell speed bleeders in the past &
when doing full brake replacements, master cylinders, or wheel cylinders or full conversions,
the Motive Products Power Brake Bleeder I paid like $85 & Motive Bleeder Catch Bottles $19 pair,
I got 2 sets, a couple years ago from Summit Racing with my Summit Bucks,
it was really quick & really simple to use, used it on my 02 F350, My 99 Dakota & My 68RR,
I'd give it 5 out of 5 stars...

Attachments

• Brakes Motive Product Brake Bleeder Catch Bottles $20.66 pr. mvp-1820_w_ml Summit Racing.jpg
    Brakes Motive Product Brake Bleeder Catch Bottles $20.66 pr. mvp-1820_w_ml Summit Racing.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Brakes Motive Products Power Bleeder $94.46 mvp-0254_ml summit Racing.jpg
    Brakes Motive Products Power Bleeder $94.46 mvp-0254_ml summit Racing.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 154
I use a cheap hand vac pump and it luckily lasted.... but it worked and because it was cheap you don't feel bad tossing it out with all the mess.
I didn't bleed the master first and got a hard pedal quick...

Auto Transport Service
Back