• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beyond Meat sales drop as fast-food trials flop; McDonald’s is ‘McDone’ with plant burger

The same thing can be done with electric cars too. If nobody buys them they will have no choice but to go back to what sells.
You think you will know when they put cricket filler in your hamburger or other processed food?
You think things like "Hot Pockets" or "El Monterey" burritos won't have half their protein be pulled from that factory?
I am sure it already has a clever chemical name so people won't find it on the ingredients list unless they look it up.
Nevermind pet food where it likely won't even be disclosed.

Half the **** in the freezer section in the gorcery in a fancy colored bag is reconstituted meat. Chicken "patties" where they centrifuge the meat off the bones(the stuff after trimming the breasts and thighs away) and then add some sawdust and corn syrup so the breading sticks then precook them so they hold their shape. Whats 10% cricket when it is already 5% sawdust?

Better start watching for "100% beef" or "100% chicken" labels on things. Or go to a local butcher. Everything else is fair game in our country, the FDA says so.

This thread started almost 2 years ago.
Meatless burger?
That is Mcbullshit. These fast food places can eat my McAss if they think the public will embrace fake meat. The idiots pushing bugs and insects as a meat replacement need a kick in the *** too.
If your food is so great, why do you have to imitate ours?
Everyone pushing meat replacement needs to be McFired and retrained.
Mc :rofl:

I always thought of that "meatless burger" nonsense as being sort of redundant at McD's anyways....

We will be eating llama meat soon, complements of some South American companies, IT'S NASTY!!! 1986 been there, puked it up.

We will be eating llama meat soon, complements of some South American companies, IT'S NASTY!!! 1986 been there, puked it up.
As long as it doesn't spit in your face as you take a bite, it's probably not that bad......cross between chicken and lamb. :lol:

As long as it doesn't spit in your face as you take a bite, it's probably not that bad......cross between chicken and lamb. :lol:
th-1.jpeg

ITS NASTY, even while DRUNK!!!!

I dunno, I live in a place where eating beef is for pussies unless you killed it yourself.
But decades ago, when meatless burgers first came out and it wasn’t yet a political thing I tried them. Can’t remember if it was soy or tofu based or what but it wasn’t too bad. Not much flavour, the texture was a little soft but overall it was O.K.
But here’s the kicker: it cleaned me out better then any over the counter anti-constipation medicine. I mean it really cleaned me out! I’m positive far more came out then went in.
But I haven’t felt the need to try meatless again. It wasn’t better then the wild game we normally eat so there was no reason to switch.

A very small percentage of people who have developed beef allergies due to tick bites may appreciate the plant-based hamburger substitute once in a while.

For a time when I was in college, I ran a small restaurant across from the College Admin building. All of the big chain stores were represented and there were a few greasy spoons like us. This place was built as a restaurant in 1927 and was very cool. It had a pressed steel ceiling, Brunswick Front and Back Bars with a stone countertop. The coolers below the original soda taps and brass National cash register were still in place. The kitchen had a floor to ceiling oak refrigerator/freezer with nickel plate hardware and thick, beveled glass. It looked like a yellow oak ice box, and it came new that way. We sold 300 meals per day, open for breakfast and lunch.

In that town, there was a sizable group of vegetarians, but no restaurant offered a vegetarian menu. I sourced non meat foods to get all of that market and it worked. When I made soups and chili, I made them vegetarian first, separated off a portion, then added meat to the rest. I found cheese that was made with vegetable enzymes instead of animal. It was local from Minnesota, cheaper than animal enzyme cheese, and tasted great. A guy in Mission Hill grew various bean sprouts for us and delivered every day. I was careful to not cross contaminate as I cooked flesh in the same kitchen. I had a lot of people who would eat no where else. Non-meat dishes can be as good as any meat dishes, it's just more work, time, and money.

The good news in that old story is now you get 100#'s of soy burger with each Prius you buy...

The good news in that old story is now you get 100#'s of soy burger with each Prius you buy...
The thing about the Prius these days is, well, it still gets great gas mileage. But with a 7 second 0-60 time it's harder to poke fun at now.

1720219626789.jpeg

But as far as a Beyond Burger, with about the same fat and protein as a beef burger, and the high cost, I can do without it.

Auto Transport Service
Back