• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big block aluminum heads

Anyone notice the rpm's are cheaper than the estreet on summits web site? I know they fire sale'd the rpms because trickflow is putting a hurting on them. Seems the estreets should be even cheaper.

You are looking at one head for the rpms versus a set of e streets

Well all the above being debated I went with the 440 Source heads for my very mild 383 build on my '66 Ply Sat project. I did extensive research on all the heads both Aluminum and Cast/Iron heads. All offer a varied array of options that suit all types of builds. My heads came as they do from the factory. I inspected them top to bottom, cleaned up some burrs and flashing from the castings and then bolted them on. The springs tension lift rate for my cam and the rating of the springs matched up to what my cam maker suggested to use. I use only Hughes Cams in my builds as they are more of a correct MOPAR grind for my applications as opposed to others that are more popular such as Comp. I have had ZERO...again ZERO issues at all with the 440 Source heads right out of the box so I cannot say one way or the other if I lucked out or the QC is correct from the factory and distributor...440 Source. It is all a matter of preferences when it comes to what one should and shouldn't use. Some products are way over the top when it comes to pricing and options so I prefer to spend what I can afford and for me the 440 Source offered the best options for the bucks. Yet others here and else where will lam-bast them as inferior or spend the more bucks for say Edlebrocks, Trick-Flo, etc. Get what you can afford and can live with whether Aluminum or Cast Iron heads because in the end only you can be satisfied with your results...IMHFO...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Today I talked with Todd Marsh , a really nice guy who , I felt , was honest and gave me a lot of info on his sidewinder heads ( which I told him I was interested in ) he claims he has sold a ton and has had NO comebacks . With this said , he stated they ARE pressure cast in china but he build them( or sends you unfinished ) with good quality American parts , to my specs . He quoted me $1350 ready to bolt of and haul butt ! $1600 for a light port job I made up my mind I AM going with this guy ! Oh did I mention he is MOPAR ONLY , that's a big deal to
Me !

Today I talked with Todd Marsh , a really nice guy who , I felt , was honest and gave me a lot of info on his sidewinder heads ( which I told him I was interested in ) he claims he has sold a ton and has had NO comebacks . With this said , he stated they ARE pressure cast in china but he build them( or sends you unfinished ) with good quality American parts , to my specs . He quoted me $1350 ready to bolt of and haul butt ! $1600 for a light port job I made up my mind I AM going with this guy ! Oh did I mention he is MOPAR ONLY , that's a big deal to
Me !
I have been to his shop/office and picked up several parts from him. He is as you thought, down to earth and honest. I would buy from him again because he is not out to sell you something you dont need or cheat you.

For 1600 you are better served spending another 400 for trickflows if the 78 cc chamber works for you. Mine were perfect out of the box as verified by Angie of Mopar's engines west

IMG_3221.JPG IMG_3220.JPG

1100 bucks for the E-streets seems to be good value for the money IMO. They shuld not have any problem supporting the 500-550 hp OP wantet.
JR

Auto Transport Service
Back