• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big buck dealer cars

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
I'm still seeing dealers asking huge $$$$ for their flips..........is anybody actually stepping up to buy them?

There is a classic car dealer not far from me.
I see his inventory is getting larger,Can't say I see any leave the lot lately.
I resist stopping to look around.

They’re selling something. They won’t be in business long if they don’t. Real question is, what are they getting for these cars? Don’t forget these dealers can easily arrange financing and transportation.

They’re selling something. They won’t be in business long if they don’t. Real question is, what are they getting for these cars? Don’t forget these dealers can easily arrange financing and transportation.

I agree

They are reeling in the ones that need to finance their rides.

And there a lot if people that internet shop, see their old high school car and just pull the trigger. The old car seller near me gets a lot from Meecum auctions. There are a lot of driver cars in the $15,000-25,000 range. He brings them back to the shop, does a little more detail work and marks them up 10 grand or so. It seems to work for him. Been open for 20+ years.

One of the dealers I know has about 60 cars but he only owns about 10 to 15. The rest on on consignment.

Many people feel a sense of safety and comfort when dealing with a dealer. As mentioned before dealers are often affiliated or connected with finance companies and can quickly set up finance for purchases to, some even offer warranties on the used cars too.

For some buyers this puts the mind at ease as opposed to dealing with private individuals, whether they are honest or not. A sense of anonymous-ness is what they seek too.

Just because they’re asking 70 grand for a car doesn’t mean it’s selling for 70. Often they’ll buy a car for whatever, 40 k, clean er up and put a price tag of 60 k on it, you know throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks. If someone just steps up and pays it that is the new fair market value for that car. That said, it doesn’t mean they wouldn’t take 48 k for it if offered. Quick easy money.

Many cars at these dealers are on the consignment circuit.

Auto Transport Service
Back