• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bit by the Hellcat bug...what would you do?

Is there any word from Chrysler as to whether or not the Hellcat will go beyond the 2015 model year?

I ordered one and it's waiting for a rail car for shipment ot AZ.

You ordered one & it came in, or bought one off the lot? My order is still in Hellcat limbo.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really know. The VP of SRT did say they will build as many 2015 as are ordered.

Is there any word from Chrysler as to whether or not the Hellcat will go beyond the 2015 model year?

I heard from a friend in Brampton that they are planning for 2017 already.

Last edited:
Man o man...I would love to get a Hellcat. Problem is, I would have to sell the roadrunner and my daily driver 06 charger to free up some down payment money. I'd still have to finance probably $20-30K.

What would you do? Go for the cat or keep the bird?

I daily drive my '09 R/T 6 speed Challenger & I don't think I would use 3x the power for 3x the cost of the car. I don't nail the Challenger that much. It's not as fun to hot rod as my '69 Road Runner & it just feels like a newer car in it. Definitely not worth 60k+.

I would love a Hellcat Too!

I was looking for a nice "B" body - had a couple many years ago and am still partial to the '72 Satellite Sebring Plus as well as the '74 Dodge Charger SE. Like I said, I was looking about 6 months ago for a new toy - wanted a "B" body and came across............................... a 2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 - 25,000 kms on it, mint shape, red, absolutely gorgeous truck. Still have the bug for the Hellcat but I want to wait a bit and see. It would be nice to have 1212 hp in the garage - STOCK - but.......... they are going to make a lot of them. They made less than 10,000 SRT-10's over 3 years. I think they'll make more Hellcats than that so...............The SRT-10 was/is a better (ahem) investment(ahem).
My $0.02

Make that 99%. I say get the Hellcat. :tongue3:

98% I said I'd get one in a NY minute too,
if I had the room & $$$, but I wouldn't sell my RR just to get one...
so maybe 98.5%....LOL

I thought the Hellcat was cool but greedy dealerships are marking them up fourty thousand dollars over msrp. Disgusted and will never buy. Also will look at anyone driving one as a fool with more money than common sense until the price drops. Why do dealers do this. It just makes regular guys see that dealers don't give two sh@#$ about the customers. Also we paid these pricks bail out money to save there a$$#$. Tesla sad to say is the only one that paid it back. I am tired of seeing hard working Americans being bent over. This is the thanks we get for saving them. I understand paying a premium to be one of the first to own one but a 40k markup sounds more like rape. Keep the bird. It will continue to appreciate over time. I seriously doubt the Hellcat Will do the same.

keep the bird....preowned low mile Hellcats will soon appear.

Keep both current cars, and make the 06 Charger an 850 horse Hellcat killer. You know there will be a lot of cocky guys that think there new Hellcat is untouchable in a race. Here kitty kitty kitty.....:3gears:

Auto Transport Service
Back