• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob karakashian

Officer Higgins

Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a cam from mr 6pack? I know his vehicles scoot but im sure they are blueprinted and everything is spot on.

Where does he get his cams or does he copy them himself.
Many reputable suggestors/ dealers get cams from Engle/ Howard/ even Comp
others get 50 year old designs from the big detroit vendors (Summit- Edelbrock)
what you get is experience in what works if he builds your kind of motor
but it does not translate to other motors

Where does he get his cams or does he copy them himself.
Many reputable suggestors/ dealers get cams from Engle/ Howard/ even Comp
others get 50 year old designs from the big detroit vendors (Summit- Edelbrock)
what you get is experience in what works if he builds your kind of motor
but it does not translate to other motors

Engle lobes

Bob is a good guy. Known him for years. Engle does his stuff. We put one of his cams in my Buddy's bone stock 69 Hemi RR. 12.90's @107. It idles like a 318. His Pure stock Hemi Cuda has run 11.60's@118, with real tires I believe 11.30s
Doug

Evidently a good cam picker and he's getting his cams from a quality grinder
although I have not tested any of theirs since Jack died and they moved to Long beach
they do have some newer MOPAR lobes (new in 2001) anything newer?
the older ones were K6 K6.5 k7 etc type of numbers they wore really well and were easy on the valve train
I also used them in AMC- they still show up in the catalog under AMC for Mopar better ask
the New KV series they say is race only
new street/strip K series have two digit numbers K-52, K64 etc
older series was one digit K-5 , except for the K-6.5
Solid and HYD
http://www.autoinsanity.com/misc/Englecams1.html (has old address)

Last edited:
Bob built the motor in my 69 Coronet and a buddy of mines A12. Truly a phenomenal down to earth guy. Rumor has it he was the protege to the late great Tom Hoover.

46419_10151140166526139_2026844619_n.jpg

Bob built the motor in my 69 Coronet and a buddy of mines A12. Truly a phenomenal down to earth guy. Rumor has it he was the protege to the late great Tom Hoover.

View attachment 621976

Is that your motor that Bob's testing? Looks like an Eddy standard Performer intake. Don't see that combo on a dyno every day.

Is that your motor that Bob's testing? Looks like an Eddy standard Performer intake. Don't see that combo on a dyno every day.

It is...he built me a reliable driver motor. I actually had to dump that intake because it wouldn’t clear my ramcharger setup.

I have a Bob K. Cam in my car, he lives a few miles away and delivered it to my house.
Bob is an incredible guy to talk to and I love the cam.

Mr six pack (1).JPG

Not a rumor at all, allot of articles about Bob, but to hear it from him personally is best.
http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/mrsixpackhof.html

Yea I was blessed to get to spend a weekend with him and Tom Hoover several years back. Truly one of my coveted moments. I flew up there and we hit up a super stock drag weekend.

I heard he recently retired from his day job. Hope he is living it up and wrenching on those amazing cars of his.

I talked with Bob and decided to get his cam to replace the 20 year old hughes engines cam im running now.That cam from hughes is engle also back then. Cam was $275 lifters $150. Bob said his cam would perform better but couldn't say how much better, couple days latter when i talked with him he said, now that i have thought about it more, i think you are going to really be happy with the performance improvement using my cam. Sent it out yesterday,even emailed me to let him know how it works. I told him I'm happy if i can outrun some guy who has red super bee. Ill keep anyone interested posted in the results. I have very stock 67 coronet r/t original car. Using accurate magnums which are a magnaflow straight thru muffler and will have bobs cam in it.Chevy gonna fry

I talked with Bob and decided to get his cam to replace the 20 year old hughes engines cam im running now.That cam from hughes is engle also back then. Cam was $275 lifters $150. Bob said his cam would perform better but couldn't say how much better, couple days latter when i talked with him he said, now that i have thought about it more, i think you are going to really be happy with the performance improvement using my cam. Sent it out yesterday,even emailed me to let him know how it works. I told him I'm happy if i can outrun some guy who has red super bee. Ill keep anyone interested posted in the results. I have very stock 67 coronet r/t original car. Using accurate magnums which are a magnaflow straight thru muffler and will have bobs cam in it.Chevy gonna fry
Very nice. You won't go wrong.

Cautionary note: We really seem to love talking about camshafts on these forums, as if there is only one miracle cam that will make all of the difference. But at the end of the day, my personal experience and observation, which is all on stock-ish to mild hp stuff, is unless you simply have the wrong, too big of cam now, don't expect a drastic improvement between different but similar cams. Driving characteristics might vary a little, but unless you are track testing, you might not know for sure one way or the other.

If you get a 15 hp bump from a new cam, that is pretty good. 15 hp in your case is about a 1/2 car length at the stripe in a 1/4 mile, is 1.5 mph on the time slip, and 0.10 to 0.15 sec in et. Generally, you will not feel this in your butt meter.

In the testing mix a couple of guys tried the old Hughes/Engle 2330 and it ran as good as any of the others. This was the "new" fast rate cam specifically designed for the big diameter Mopar lifter.

The flip side is, if the cam you have now is too big, you will probably see a noticeable improvement. Do you know the size of the Hughes cam?

Good luck. Have fun. Go to the track. You won't regret it.

Hello, heres the specs from 1998

View attachment 622677

Not a bad cam at all, but you've definitely moved up the power level ladder with the Bob K cam. You might not feel much improvement down low but power should be up overall by more than just a little IMO. Time will tell. Report back

Im thinking there are quite a few of us guys that are not that experienced with cam selection. When i bought the cam from hughes twenty years ago this was their suggestion to replace the purple shaft factory replacement. There are so many cams to choose from. I was also concerned about getting cam advice from someone reading a excell tech screen on their computer telling me oh yes this works perfectly with your application. Hard to argue that bob doesn't have real world experience racing. And he even said yeah everyone is an expert, he tries to steer clear of all that and just do my own thing he told me. Nice guy small business owner real world experience sure i will be happy..at bare minimum it Will be equal to the old cam.

I use joe Gibbs break in oil on the last few flat tappet motors I’ve done with success

Auto Transport Service
Back