• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob karakashian

did you post the specs on your new BobK cam?
also before and after cranking compression would be useful
let's see how it runs!
new springs?

did you post the specs on your new BobK cam?
also before and after cranking compression would be useful
let's see how it runs!
new springs?

I don’t think he provides any specs. He doesn’t want them duplicated. He just sends out a degree intake to blank depending on application.

how do you degree the cam without timing?
His real benefit is picking the right cam for a particular build- like Joe Sherman with chevy's
If he's not using Engle solely what other choices are there? - Howard, Bullet, Lunati , Jones- that's about it

It's nice to know the recommended ICL and Bob likely supplies this. And of course you don't really even need to know that to degree a cam. Just spin it around a few times in the block with your degreeing equipment and you'll know everything there is to know about a cam and simply install it where you want.

And certainly people have done this, but out of respect for Bob, don't publish Bob's intellectual properties all over the internet.

Getting ready to install bob k cam. The cam pictures are hughes engle cam and lifters from 1998 probably 15000 miles on them. We broke this cam in for 15 mins shut it off buttoned it up and were done used Kendal 20/50 oil .cam lobes are still in good condition. Imagine that good oi! And usa made parts.

20180630_120820.jpeg 20180706_121123.jpeg 20180706_131950.jpeg 20180706_213537.jpeg 20180706_213442.jpeg 091b46a808154d9248d259ca3aebe239--the-doors-front-doors.jpeg

What oil for cam break in have you guys been successful with?
Valvoline VR1 with Lucas oil additive for good measure, and IIRC black moly assembly lube on the lobes, lifters, pushrod ends, etc. 2,200-2,400 RPMs for about 15-20 minutes. Worked great for me, YRMV

Here is installing instructions, confused if the cam is already ground couple degrees advanced you wouldn't want to advance crank gear sprocket would you.

20180706_224741.jpeg

It's nice to know the recommended ICL and Bob likely supplies this. And of course you don't really even need to know that to degree a cam. Just spin it around a few times in the block with your degreeing equipment and you'll know everything there is to know about a cam and simply install it where you want.

And certainly people have done this, but out of respect for Bob, don't publish Bob's intellectual properties all over the internet.
are you familiar with bobs cams, you sound very knowledgeable.

Here is installing instructions, confused if the cam is already ground couple degrees advanced you wouldn't want to advance crank gear sprocket would you.

View attachment 623460

I recommend that you stay away from the quagmire of the meaning of "straight up". Some believe straight up = LSA (which appears to be Bob's usage), and others believe straight up = recommended ICL.

Bob's cam has 2° ground in. In theory, if everything was perfect (crank key, crank sprocket key, cam sprocket dowel hole.......) and you stuffed the cam in, in theory it would be installed at 112° ICL.

I have never touched a Bob K cam, but I think I understand the principles in his design.

ground in or not
or if it is supposed to be is it?
many times a grinder cannot fit a lobe where it is supposed to go so he moves the billet in the grinder- you gotta check and install it where it is supposed to go
or start with someplace safe and reasonable
not exactly perfect with asymetical cams but you can measure .050 down on each side of the nose and install half way in between at a reasonable "intake center line"
or the grinder may give you timing at some lift like.050 lifter rise

Broke the bob k cam in today, 95 outside running 440 at 2300 rpm for half hour maxed out my 120 degree thermometer in the garage, that was 3 hours ago it's still 90 in garage with ac running. Oil changed new filter installed. Knock wood pretty much uneventful cam change so far hopefully it stays that way. I used Kendall titanium 20w50 zinc formula as recommend from engle cams. Need to adjust timing put grill back together then see how she does. Hit the throttle several times during break in and it was very responsive. As a side note mr 6 pack said he had surgery to remove his appendix and he was in recovery when he responded to some information i forwarded to him. Lets hope he gets back in short order.

Auto Transport Service
Back