• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borgeson Conversion Finished in the 71

JG71B

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Decided to put power steering back in the 71 and tried a Borgeson conversion. So far so good, all went smooth, works great and no leaks. Also put fresh meats up front and running 255 60 15x8 on all four. A little pricey but, love it
IMG_20240722_083842.jpg
IMG_20240722_083848.jpg
IMG_20240722_083853.jpg
IMG_20240722_083858.jpg

Alignment done. Absolutely amazed at how it feels on local roads and on the highway especially. An absolute dream to drive now. Caster came in at 3.1 drivers side and 3.6 passenger side w/o offset bushings. I'll post the spec sheets later

Last edited:
Every time you drive your car with this new steering setup, you're going to smile. I did this conversion 3 years ago. Best thing I ever did for handling and response.

Every time you drive your car with this new steering setup, you're going to smile. I did this conversion 3 years ago. Best thing I ever did for handling and response.
You are 100% correct! Feels like a brand new car and no more wrestling to back in a parking spot at the shows. I did my time and proved myself the past 5yrs with the manual steering, no more of that bs and I get to run my Tuff Wheel too now.

That's a hella beautiful car, man. Great colour.

Glad it drives well, too. Keep an eye on the bolts holding the steering box in. Mine came loose after a couple of months even with locktite.

That's a hella beautiful car, man. Great colour.

Glad it drives well, too. Keep an eye on the bolts holding the steering box in. Mine came loose after a couple of months even with locktite.
Thank you sir! I had to crank them down once already. I need it up on a lift to get the exact torque specs on it

Auto Transport Service
Back