• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a k car

pjm8047

Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Hey mopar gear heads, I know this is a b body forum but I just purchased a 88 reliant k a couple of weeks ago because i was always looking for a k car because that was my first car i was driving in high school (parents car) im 42 fyi and i need some help. B bodies only has helped me a ton in the past with my 71 rr. I purchased it from the original owner with only 33,000 original miles on in. Rust free with a fairly recent paint job on it. Doesn’t need much work other then the fluid and suspension parts. I was wondering if there’s a k car forums out there and im also lookng for some parts. Thanks

02051C95-DCDF-40DD-859F-03E1839F0033.jpeg

20BBC48E-BFE7-469D-9335-29773CA9ABB1.jpeg

I like these things also. Grandfather was a body man for Chrysler and would always buy wrecks, fix them up and hand them out to family. At one time every adult in the family had a K car. The one you bought looks to be in great shape, have fun with it!

I hate to sound like a toddler,but why?....yeah but why? Lol Just kidding. It is in very good shape.

I like these things also. Grandfather was a body man for Chrysler and would always buy wrecks, fix them up and hand them out to family. At one time every adult in the family had a K car. The one you bought looks to be in great shape, have fun with it!
Thanks man, looking forward to bring it to local car shows along with my survivor 71 rr

Looks pretty good! Too bad that recent paint job didn't include the bumper though.

Funny - I just today saw one of these tin cans parked in a grocery store lot. I thought to myself … Wow one of those things survived…

Now yours on the other hand is - yes … still one of those tin cans but is sure in good looking shape. Have fun w/it - can’t be many of them around.

My hands still get flashback aches from working on those back in the day.... :)
Hey seriously, I dig it about wanting cars from our formative years. I'd about kill to find the '68 Monaco
wagon our family had when I was a pup, so I understand.

My K car story...
We had a used dealers license to go along with our body shop.
Nothing big, we would normally sell 40 cars a year give or take.
6 or 7 on hand most weeks.
Mid 90s we had a K on the row that ended up with the keys left in it.
The car was stolen on a Friday night.
Sometime late Saturday night or early that Sunday AM the thief returned it to the lot.
We still laugh about that K car, only car ever boosted off our lot and they freaking return it. :lol:

I would never want one, but if it was parked at cruize night I'd spend half an hour looking it over. They used to be ubiquitous. I have not seen a running one for years. Have fun with it.

I found a real clean one at a consignment sale one day. Nobody wanted it but one person. I ran the bid up to $300. and got it. I went over the whole car and it needed nothing for inspection. Gave it to my daughter for her first car. She had it for about three years before she traded it off for something else. Plain and simple cars to work on. Maintenance parts were cheap and the car was actually reliable and good on gas.

In 1972 Dad wrecked the '68 Custom Suburban, Mom then went and bought a '62 Lancer GT. They put 130,000 miles on that with a Slant Six rebuild. By 1986 the Lancer was a little long in the tooth. Even with me being "in the business" of old cars Dad had a hard time keeping it going so they traded it on a new K Car. By 1998 they had put 175,000 on it and it was making enough cam follower noise Mom was afraid of it and they traded it on a '96 Stratus.

Looks pretty good! Too bad that recent paint job didn't include the bumper though.
Yeah, ill work on that myself. Just wondering what i should use.

Last edited:
No K car = No Chrysler.

Auto Transport Service
Back