• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

Damn I hate seeing that post. Glad you are Ok and all is healing up. I was climbing up into my mezzanine above the side of the garage where my 68 is that I am finishing up to grab the pulleys for the motor and bumped the crank pulley. It slid off and whacked the new painted car in 3 spots in the fender. I had to brush touch it with basecoat then dab clear in the holes until it built up above the surface. I was able to sand it and polish it with just a smidge of color difference and a tiny tiny halo around them but its 95% better than it was. **** like this just pisses ya off, but being a fender I can re-clear it if it bothers me that much. I figure it'll pass as the first of many chips and such and if I fix that, I'll find that dump truck with stone to smack the hood or something so I am ok with it. Hope you can get er back together without too much pain and suffering.

Last edited:
Stripped the door panel and a few things the other day. Arm finally feeling up to tearing it down so I'm ready to test fit everything to the new door shell when it gets here and then send everything off for body and paint.

The jam nut with the screw in the hole. Loosen the nut and turn the screw CCW and you can lower the window top edge below the "sweeps".
superbirdbentdoor 047.jpg

Then you can remove the glass sweeps. I feed a wire around the clips and pull up. Glad I wasn't worried about the paint as these are fairly new and were a bugger to get to let go.
superbirdbentdoor 050.jpg

Sweeps are out, now you can remove the entire door glass assembly, vent frame and all.
superbirdbentdoor 053.jpg

Glass regulator arm/roller needs to come out of the track first.
superbirdbentdoor 055.jpg

Unbolting the regulator, 3 bolts.
superbirdbentdoor 056.jpg

Allen key into the door hole to get the vent post clamping cap screw. Just need to loosen it off a few turns, do not take the screw out.
superbirdbentdoor 058.jpg

Plastic plugs pulled and upper bolt removed.
superbirdbentdoor 059.jpg

Lower hole you just have to back off the nut a few turns, as the vent frame end is a fork.
superbirdbentdoor 060.jpg

Regulator off the glass track.
superbirdbentdoor 062.jpg

Entire glass assembly pulled up and out of the door. Latch assembly, door handle and rear glass track removed after that.
superbirdbentdoor 071.jpg

Vent frame bracket needs to come out so it can go into the new door shell. Many snap the studs off doing so.
superbirdbentdoor 072.jpg

I got lucky, everything released. Needs to be blasted, primed and put into the new door shell. My painters problem.
superbirdbentdoor 078.jpg

53 year old regulator looks like new.
superbirdbentdoor 086.jpg

Door latch assembly, key tumbler, mirror, etc.
superbirdbentdoor 090.jpg

Door glass and vent frame all in one piece.
superbirdbentdoor 092.jpg

Gotta love this women. You hold the door hun and I'll get the hinge bolts.
superbirdbentdoor 095.jpg

Tommy Boy eat your heart out!
superbirdbentdoor 101.jpg

Door totally gutted. Was a nice MINT door.
superbirdbentdoor 103.jpg

Doesn't look as good on this side.
superbirdbentdoor 107.jpg

Think I might just drive it the 30 miles to the body shop vs loading in the trailer.
superbirdbentdoor 131.jpg

Last edited:
Still waiting for Hagerty's appraiser 3 weeks later. Not really impressed, but at the same time not sure what the point of him showing up really is seeing I've already torn it apart and ordered everything with the claims adjusters blessing. Good thing I have more pressing things to do....
20221031_152309.jpg
20221031_154841.jpg
20221031_160053.jpg
20221031_160334.jpg

What's the ETA on the parts for the 'bird?

What's the ETA on the parts for the 'bird?
I already have the 32230 slider mylars and handle reinforce plates from Megaparts. I talked with Nigel this morning as my door shell and all the other seals and misc where supposed to be here Friday.. one of his skids from AMD has cleared the border and another is in transit... but he doesn't know which has my door in it. Got my VIN decal from ECS last Thursday... print not quite as sharp, but if they weren't side be each you'd never pick it up. Font heights spot on for the variations and correct O and 0 as the original.
20221031_141252.jpg

I already have the 32230 slider mylars and handle reinforce plates from Megaparts. I talked with Nigel this morning as my door shell and all the other seals and misc where supposed to be here Friday.. one of his skids from AMD has cleared the border and another is in transit... but he doesn't know which has my door in it. Got my VIN decal from ECS last Thursday... print not quite as sharp, but if they weren't side be each you'd never pick it up. Font heights spot on for the variations and correct O and 0 as the original.
View attachment 1366466
Awesome, I'm hoping that the repair goes ultra-smooth for you.

Did you get the 7UP machine fixed yet Wayne? Thanks for posting the removal on the window.

View attachment 1366466
Did you send them a picture to make sure it was printed right?

Did you send them a picture to make sure it was printed right?
Everything photographed, measured and documented. Part of the process to get the sticker along with proving providence on your car (VIN tag, ownership, broadcast sheet).

View attachment 1366466
I'm surprised that it isn't an exact replica, I thought ECS prided themselves on that. You're right, not quite as sharp, also it looks like bolder print and the serif isn't as pronounced.

I'm surprised that it isn't an exact replica, I thought ECS prided themselves on that. You're right, not quite as sharp, also it looks like bolder print and the serif isn't as pronounced.
Yep... I'll be contacting them tomorrow with a picture of them side by each to see if they want to up their game!

ECS rerunning my decal to move the 11/69 up a titch. Was told that's the best they have on fonts, as they don't have every variation covered. Told them Dave wouldn't be thrilled....

Appraiser in and out this morning in 50 minutes. Allowing for "book" hours and paint to pull nose, fender, wing, back bumper, fit door and paint entire side of car as well as a new NOS Plymouth decal (that thankfully I bought 2 years ago on spec for my parts shelves from @moparsaver). He said "about 4 hours to re and re the nose" and I just laughed and said try two days.

No reason that I can see to struggle with the nose to get a fender off, if that's really even necessary. Back quarter could use a touch up anyhow.

Now to see when my parts show up, then I can get everything test fitted and then see when my painter can squeeze me in ahead of someone... like he did to me on my Bee!

Auto Transport Service
Back