• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Sheet For A 66 Charger

Mariposa Mike

Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
Many MOPARS have a build sheet located behind the rear seat upper cushion. Would anyone know if and where there might have been a build sheet placed in a 66-67 Charger since we have different rear seats? I have looked under the lower cushions without success but have not taken apart the upper fold downs. I plan on sending a request to FCA historical services but would like to know if Chrysler ever placed these in a Charger of this vintage.

Many MOPARS have a build sheet located behind the rear seat upper cushion. Would anyone know if and where there might have been a build sheet placed in a 66-67 Charger since we have different rear seats? I have looked under the lower cushions without success but have not taken apart the upper fold downs. I plan on sending a request to FCA historical services but would like to know if Chrysler ever placed these in a Charger of this vintage.
Always supposed to, it could be in the springs behind the front seat backs, under the front seats. Had one that had the punch card under the carpet behind the driver’s seat.

I had a 67 satellite and found a build sheet under the front passenger side carpet.
Sometimes you find none , sometimes 2 and sometimes one from a different car.

In my 66 charger it was in the rear driver's side seat bottom.

The glove box is missing and I have had the driver and passenger seat bottom up for cleaning under them. Found Irish Spring soap bars under them but no build sheet. Cleaned under the front seats yesterday and adjusted the driver seat up as far as it would go. So I know nothing on the underside of those. Found the soap bars under there too. And some in the trunk and three dryer sheets up in the dash. Must have been an issue with rodents in the Chicago area. Have not had the carpet up but it looks original. Plan to eventually put new foam and replacement covers in the front. Will take a look when the seats are out. The rear seat upper backs might have something but I won't be going into those in quite some time. Sounds like whomever was building these cars decided on their own where to place it.

If you have the back seat out try lifting up the carpet back there.

I found my build sheet in the back of the front passenger seat.

1719706704001.jpeg

looks like the worker wiped their nose before wadding that one up. But you found it and thanks for the tip on that as well as the one for under the carpet. I hope to not have to go that deep into the car for awhile. :thumbsup:

Found one under the drivers seat, and found the other behind the passenger seat both were for my car's VIN

Under Seat BS.jpg

Behind Seat BS.jpg

Okay. Now I gotta look. I hope there is one somewhere in the car but as far as I can tell the car is outfitted the way it was built except for the tires and wheels I just put on it. Received the correct windshield reservoir bottle yesterday and a + battery cable that may or may not be correct but is a wrapped and has the correct number of wires. Two red wires going/from the post. Black wire to the starter along with red wire. What was on the car and corroded was a red wire and black wire at the post but it might not be original. Although it has the wrap and large joined connection about halfway down. Probably just going to be some things we can no longer find.

Sucks for me because the PO put seats from a 67 in my 66. unless Mine is a late build and they got the seats with vertical pleats like a 67.

Well that is good info to know. Little differences like that can go unnoticed until too late. Until I got this car I knew very little about them other than liking the body style. Then I find out they changed to rear floor arrangement (console) from 66 to 67. I'm sure I will be learning more "differences" as I go along.

Well that is good info to know. Little differences like that can go unnoticed until too late. Until I got this car I knew very little about them other than liking the body style. Then I find out they changed to rear floor arrangement (console) from 66 to 67. I'm sure I will be learning more "differences" as I go along.
Pretty much there are very few differences between a 66 and 67. 66 seats had 3 rows of Horizontal pleats 67 just had vertical pleats not divided into rows. 67 had the rear console changed to allow someone to slide from one side to another. 67 had the 440 available 66 the biggest engines were 383 or 426 Hemi. 67s came with a available vinyl top from the factory 66s didn’t. 67s came with turn signal indicators at the front of the anodized aluminum spear along the fenders not there on a 66. And 66s had a remote hood release with the handle located next to the Key hole in the dash 87 just had the standard under hood front edge latch. I think that’s about it. Maybe someone else can tell me if I missed one.

67s had seat medallions and the possibility of headrests too. Rear seat backs had a removable cover to access the medallion. Plus there are several other differences.

I think they were working their way up towards 200

Auto Transport Service
Back