• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler pentastar medallion on taillight lens?? Never seen this before on a 66-67 Charger.

Never seen a first-gen with a vinyl top- it doesn't look bad, though I'd never add one to a car that didn't originally have one.

I agree with Redbeard. With regard to the vinyl top, I understood that one could be ordered from the factory in 1967 and the dealers also installed vinyl tops after the car was delievered. The difference is the way the dealer trimmed it out at the rear of each quarter. The dealer used a different trim piece and did not run the vinyl all the way down to the end of the quarter panel. You can make out the trim piece removed from my car when the vinyl top was removed. I have the trim pieces that were on this car. I also attached the only photo I have with the my car with the white vinyl top. I restored back to the original delivery without the vinyl top.

View attachment 1648598

View attachment 1648599

View attachment 1648600

View attachment 1648601

View attachment 1648602
You have the same trim lines as the 66 dealer installed trim. The 67 ordered vinyl roof cars had longer side trim. Vinyl roof on the a pillars were different between factory and dealer installed.

Definitely not factory. My 67 had 68 side marker lights..had a dude at a car show giving me grief about em...I told him to take a closer look. He took 2 of them apart and they were notched and had mopar wiring ....he decided they were dealer installed....I myself liked em..LOL

Definitely not factory. My 67 had 68 side marker lights..had a dude at a car show giving me grief about em...I told him to take a closer look. He took 2 of them apart and they were notched and had mopar wiring ....he decided they were dealer installed....I myself liked em..LOL
These are our cars. Yes we can keep them "correct" but also we can "personalize" them as we want or like the mods that may have been done.

Is it confession time?
I put a 66 console in my 67...

Is it confession time?
I put a 66 console in my 67...
Stone him. Then firing squad....
1715294214953.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back