• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Built for export????

71roadunnerWI

Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys I own a 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner with the letter "I"on the fender tag. As I understand it that means the car was built for export. I looked through other posts there are also codes such as Y07 Y09 Y11 Y14 but my Fender tag has none of those. The car is so unoriginal that most of the body panels have been replaced on it due to damage. It does not have the built for export metal Plymouth tag next to the fender tag and it does not have the built for export sticker on the door jamb the car's been painted multiple times before I bought it so I'm sure all that stuff was discarded. I would think there would still be holes where the export tag would be on the inner Fender by the fender tag but there does not appear to be any holes. I do not have the build sheet for the car either. I am just trying to figure out if it pays to mount a built for export made in the USA Plymouth tag next to the fender tag and put a.new sticker on the door jamb. Any info would be helpful

Pic of my tag

Screenshot_20240713_181325_Gallery.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back