• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling out te BS'er !

The Put Up or Shut Up Argument

I did a little street racing in my day....I've Heard many Bs er's talking about how fast their cars were.... One fish story after another....Either, Put Up or Shut Up time !

I did a little street racing in my day....I've Heard many Bs er's talking about how fast their cars were.... One fish story after another....Either, Put Up or Shut Up time !

This is how i usaully got in to trouble!!LOL

This past Saturday I was in Northridge CA at Bobs Big Boy. They had a "cruise in" for the Van Nuys Mopar Spring Fling show over the weekend. I was hanging with a few Mopar guys next to a black SuperBird and this elderly guy walked up. He started talking about HIS car...How rare it was, the options it had, how fast it went, all of that. In jest. I said to the group..." Is the car HERE?" he responded...."Uhh, no...I sold it some time ago.." I responded...."You could be bullshitting. Maybe you never even owned the car." I was smiling as I said it.
He got PISSED! He started rolling off all sorts of other cars that he supposedly owned, rattling off 440 six pack this, Track pack that, Hemi box 4 speed, blah, blah, blah....

Yeah I hear these guys at car shows all the time. "Hey look I think that's a 1975 Plymouth Charger 300 L ! My dad had one. His hadda 457 hemi six pack with two fours on real long intake runners and a seven speed automatic tranny from a GM car ( a special order I'm sure.) He beat Big Daddy Garlits with it one time. It had a factory GPS too......and drag slicks from the factory."

Ben

Yeah I hear these guys at car shows all the time. "Hey look I think that's a 1975 Plymouth Charger 300 L ! My dad had one. His hadda 457 hemi six pack with two fours on real long intake runners and a seven speed automatic tranny from a GM car ( a special order I'm sure.) He beat Big Daddy Garlits with it one time. It had a factory GPS too......and drag slicks from the factory."

Ben
You should ask guys like that "Are you sure it wasn't a Superbird?"

This past Saturday I was in Northridge CA at Bobs Big Boy. They had a "cruise in" for the Van Nuys Mopar Spring Fling show over the weekend. I was hanging with a few Mopar guys next to a black SuperBird and this elderly guy walked up. He started talking about HIS car...How rare it was, the options it had, how fast it went, all of that. In jest. I said to the group..." Is the car HERE?" he responded...."Uhh, no...I sold it some time ago.." I responded...."You could be bullshitting. Maybe you never even owned the car." I was smiling as I said it.
He got PISSED! He started rolling off all sorts of other cars that he supposedly owned, rattling off 440 six pack this, Track pack that, Hemi box 4 speed, blah, blah, blah....

Hey, I was there! The black Superbird that needed a jump start later in the evening? I wasn't there to hear the comments but was there for the jump start.

- - - Updated - - -

I had one guy tell me his 56 Chevy ran 12's with slicks and 4.11's and I replied my car (68 RR at the time) runs 13's the way it sits so lets go. We went and he lost.

I have a neighbor like this, we all call him the "one upper"...no matter what you have, had, or have done in your life, he has done it bigger and better...You can tell with 99% of his stories that he doesn't know what he's talking about lol...I finally just started ignoring him..life is too short to waste time on people like that...

There Are Alot of Bullshiters Everywhere You Go...Even On Here! Press Them For Details And You Can Instantly Tell What The're All About!

Some of theses guys out &out FABRICATE these stories,you just scratch yer head and wonder where the BS comes from.Some real vivid imaginations FOR SURE!!!!!!!!:ufo:

yeah in my crowd it was always the wannabe street squirrels & the Mustang guys were always a little out there... Drinken their Bong water, I think..

- - - Updated - - -

Ron by the way, they did actually put reaction times, on time slips 20 years ago, at every track I went to anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean the rest of the guys story wasn't total BS...LOL...

Yea actually I rolled my bracket racing Dart in 1982 and they still gave hand written cards back then with no reaction times given. But that is actually 30 years ago. My mistake. Ron

Racers talk the most @#&@ out of any sport out there and yes my car is faster than yours.

I knew a guy who had a 68 Charger with no engine and tried to tell me it was a real Hemi car. A quick look at the vin and the tiny front drums told a different story. Some guys can't help it I guess

never understood why guys do that. I'd guess every group of friends has one; in our group it was Kevin.

Amen to that brother....I've always had trouble with guys called Kevin :laughing3:
From what I've learned over the years is when someone starts a real good BS story,.....wind 'em up, feed some extra BS fuel and let 'em go - then just stand back and laugh at them. The next time they tell the story, it just gets better :jerk: Soon enough people get the idea and stay away from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Racers talk the most @#&@ out of any sport out there and yes my car is faster than yours.

That's because any mug can race their car faster than yours from the comfort of a bar-stool :rolling:

Reminds me of a kid I knew back in high school - biggest BSer going, always had some BS story or another. Well my buddies and I all ran track and this kid (KEVIN lol), kept telling me how he was so much faster than me in the high hurdles. Conveniently enough he quit the year before for one reason or another.

I finally got him to tell me his best time - can't remember the number these 25 years later, but it would have qualified him for the Olympics.

Haha, I'm still friends with those guys and to this day we still laugh at him.

Having 6 brothers,,,,

I know what you mean. One of my younger brothers is like that. He has never really done anything exciting or outside of his comfort zone but you should hear him BS when he thinks that there's not anyone around who knows him.

Whenever I am being subjected to some long winded fairy tail, I just interrupt and say "good, it looks like we get to play first liar doesn't have a chance." They usually get the message.

I have a neighbor...Big Chevy guy...
Same kind of BS on a weekly basis...

Too funny...
He dosent even have a car !

I walked a 1/4 in an old pair of shoes in about 15 minutes once to get a 6 pack. Made it the 1/4 mile home in 25 minutes and only had a 4 barrel left. Guess that's why it took the extra 10 minutes

I have had my fair share of BS ers.... One guy told me he found a 71 Hemi Cuda 4 speed car Dana 60 and all... complete at the Pick a Part yard... yeah right... this was about 25 years ago now....He also was they guy who told me he beat a big block Camaro with his 68 6 cylinder Mustang......

And then there is always the guy who's dad or cousin or brother has a big block blah blah blah in a 68 blah blah blah that ran so hard he put a $100 bill on the dashboard and said when I launch the car if you can reach up and grab it you can have it... nobody could ever grab the $100 bill.... funny I have heard this story from 3 different strokes but have never seen a car...

They can be entertaining to turn loose on other unsuspecting "friends" for a fun show... just don't take them seriously about anything...

Auto Transport Service
Back