• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone ID this K-Member with LCA's?

Indetrucks

Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
I have a 70 Cuda w/ 340 small block and was hoping this K-Member with LCA's would work. Seller isn't sure, but thinks it will. From the awkward pics and my inexperienced eye, it looks ok?
If it will work, do you see anything of concern or why I shouldn't use it?
Thank you for your help!

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

That could be a 1970 B body K member.
It could be a 71-72 B body version.
It might be a 70-74 E body unit.
It will work, the only issue is that the 1970 B unit has a slightly different angle where the steering box mounts. Regardless, it still fits and works.
All 62-72 B, all E body K members have that curve in front:

70 B V8.jpg

The 67-67 A body is straight across the front:

67 72 A V8.jpg

It will work, the only issue is that the 1970 B unit has a slightly different angle where the steering box mounts. Regardless, it still fits and works.

View attachment 1697356

View attachment 1697357
The 71-72 B body and 70-74 E body use the asymmetrical centre link because of the change in the steering box angle. If you use the appropriate centre link matched with the K frame, you can use it in a 66-70 B body. Best option is to use the correct type K frame in the body it was designed for. If you get a chance to place a 70 B body K frame next to a 70 E body K frame, you will see the difference in the steering box mount and gussets.

View attachment 1697356

View attachment 1697357

What about the LCA's, are they the same as my 70 Ebody?

70-72 B body and 70-74 E use the same lower control arms as far as I've been able to tell.

Why can’t he give you the date code numbers stamped on the front of K Member

Might even have a part number as I don’t see a stamped coin

Why can’t he give you the date code numbers stamped on the front of K Member

Might even have a part number as I don’t see a stamped coin
I'll ask, honestly didn't know there were date codes stamped there. Is the stamp on the bottom or the top of the front end of K-member?

Very front like your third picture

Might have to sand the paint

You will have four numbers together - Then another number spaced

Like say

2370 2

Two hundred thirty seventh day of 1970 = 2nd shift

Or

1379 1

One hundred thirty seventh day of 1969 = 1st shift

Then if your really lucky a part number stamped close by in the front

I thought 70 b body K frames have the date code coin on the front area and do not see one in the pictures

The steering box angle is different between the e and b for 70. 71 on both take the same one. I'm not sure if the center link is different between the two for 70. Those more in the know will chime in. Possibly if you get the center link too you'll be good to go?

Not all K Members came with coins - As a matter of fact , most did not

Last two are 71-72 B Body and 70-74 E Body - You can see the difference on the left , gear end angled

First picture is 70 B Body earlier - Anyways gear end is more straight

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg

Nice. I'll compare those three pics to the two center links I have for proper ID.

Auto Transport Service
Back