• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Members

HYRDGOON

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
I saw the posts from people in specific states looking to see who else was from the same state but that gave me a bit of a different idea...

There seems to be a fair bit of Canadian's on the board so great for everyone to chime in and say where they're from but I thought there might be another use to this thread. We all share the same problems that on our side of the border prices are much higher and we get killed with customs. There may be some opportunity out there for us to help each other get better deals or save on shipping. I.E. multi-person or group buys and or Canadian's in border states who keep an address state side to assist in picking up and re-shipping from Canada to avoid brokerage fees... not sure if this is something anyone is willing to do but I know I'm tired of getting murdered with shipping, customs, brokerage etc...

Oh and to start off the thread I'm originally from Northern Ontario (Just outside Sudbury) Have lived Downtown Toronto for several years and now reside in Guelph, Ontario

Mike

Canucks Unite!!

Not the hockey team though, I could care less about them.

My name is Pat McInnis and I live in a small town North of Spokane Wa. called Nelson. That would be in B.C.

Your post reminded me of a news story I saw a couple of days ago. Gasoline is about $1 a gallon cheaper in the US than it is in north of the border. Consequently a lot of Canadians are crossing the border to purchase gasoline. The problem is that some aren't just filling the tanks of their cars. A few are also filling up as many gas cans as they can get INSIDE of their cars, trucks or even RVs. The State Patrol says there is nothing they can do about this because there is no specific law against it, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. There are right ways and wrong ways to carry large amounts of fuel in a vehicle and I'm pretty sure the members of this board know the difference. Just a reminder.
Also if I can help anyone on the board by having your Mopar parts shipped to me, go ahead. Seriously though, if I can help out with a shipping/procurement problem, let me know.

Ottawa here and only an hour from the upstate NY border. I dont go down just to get gas but I sure make sure the tank is topped up before coming back! lol

Hey Polara Pat, you sure do live in some beautiful country! I lived out on the Queen Charlottes late 70's and every few years get back out that way specifically to Mission, BC and Calgary, AB and down to Duck Lake and Browning, Montana. Love the driving and the views and the fishing and all the people out there!

Kernel when you need/order parts do you pick up on the U.S. side or just drive over and get what you need?

I have a buddy in Sault Ste. Marie who is received my new Third Member from Dr. Diff. it's sort of getting daisy chained back to me with another friend picking it up there and bringing it to Sudbury and someone else getting it from Sudbury to me! lol

Oh and Since this IS a B Body forum I guess we should include what we drive. I have 68 Roadrunner (In full 69 trim which is the way I found it) that is non-numbers matching so I have taken the liberty of making it mine with some upgrades (electrical, crate motor, disc brakes etc..)

- - - Updated - - -

Your post reminded me of a news story I saw a couple of days ago. Gasoline is about $1 a gallon cheaper in the US than it is in north of the border. Consequently a lot of Canadians are crossing the border to purchase gasoline. The problem is that some aren't just filling the tanks of their cars. A few are also filling up as many gas cans as they can get INSIDE of their cars, trucks or even RVs. The State Patrol says there is nothing they can do about this because there is no specific law against it, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. There are right ways and wrong ways to carry large amounts of fuel in a vehicle and I'm pretty sure the members of this board know the difference. Just a reminder.
Also if I can help anyone on the board by having your Mopar parts shipped to me, go ahead. Seriously though, if I can help out with a shipping/procurement problem, let me know.

Smitty my exes family all lives in Windsor and I know they always fill up in Detroit. They don't bother with the Jerry can's though since they can go over so easy.

Also big thanks for your offer of helping with shipping/procurement.

When I was on the phone 2 weeks ago with Cass from Dr. Diff he couldn't believe there aren't better options for us on this side with suppliers since there is a lot of business to be had over here.

Great idea for connecting canadian mopar car owners.shipping n parts over here can be a pain. Its like nite n day once you cross the border.im currently working on a 69 r/t charger.any help to post pics on this site is welcomed.

Howdy all. Looks like a lot of Ontario members, I'll have to help Polara Rat with another from British Columbia although I know there are many more from the Pacific area. :) I'm from Surrey, the second largest city in BC. If you know where Vancouver is, I'm a half hour away. Or 90 minutes during heavy traffic. I'm also just a few minutes away from the border crossings to Washington state.

I've been lucky with my car purchases, most have been online and hardly any of them get a duty charge from Canada Post. But having local, or at least Canadian outlets for the larger reproduction sellers would sure be a bonus.

-=Photon440=-

I have Kinek offices in Massena, NY. They provide a package receiving service for Canadians. I have packages delivered there for a $5 fee per package. I save on shipping and 9 times out of 10, I get by Customs in Massena/Cornwall. I used to have one in Ogdensburg NY but the Canadian Customs agents there are real aholes. :icon_hang:

I have Kinek offices in Massena, NY. They provide a package receiving service for Canadians. I have packages delivered there for a $5 fee per package. I save on shipping and 9 times out of 10, I get by Customs in Massena/Cornwall. I used to have one in Ogdensburg NY but the Canadian Customs agents there are real aholes. :icon_hang:

That's good to know Bernie I spend a LOT of time in Ottawa/Eastern Ontario for work. I wonder if this is almost something I should look into. Although MOST of my parts buying is done for the time being

Shipping kills us up here. Ordered some parts from Dante's; $12 to Blaine WA, $36 to Delta BC. It's a joke. I had to weigh my time in dealing with the border vs $24 additional shipping charges. At least Dante tries to reduce custom fees for us up north. I had an order for Classic Industries and noticed they charge an additional 25% for Canadians. Losers. Ordered most items from Dante instead.

Hello everyone. I'm near Oshawa, and I have a connection just across the border at Ganonoque. If I need used parts, he can help or get new stuff shipped to his place and he helps with the border costs.

I'm pretty lucky to be 5 min. from the border. I get all my stuff shipped to a place in Oroville Washington. He charges $4.00 per parcel. I can go down, pick up my parcel, top up on fuel and be home in usually around 20 to 25 minutes. CBSA guys here don't charge you sales tax if it's under about $150.00. Here's my small town with my GTX.
Dan
DSCN3664.jpg

Shipping kills us up here. Ordered some parts from Dante's; $12 to Blaine WA, $36 to Delta BC. It's a joke. I had to weigh my time in dealing with the border vs $24 additional shipping charges. At least Dante tries to reduce custom fees for us up north. I had an order for Classic Industries and noticed they charge an additional 25% for Canadians. Losers. Ordered most items from Dante instead.

I spent $22 in Shipping to send an $8.40 can of Krylon paint to myself :( :( :( I cashed out without seeing the full shipping charges and got nailed after!

Even pricing TTI exhaust from the local dealer who imports the stuff anyways... he wanted $870 for the same header back system that you can get for $530 from any of the U.S. dealers!! WTF!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice ride 70GTX!!

Hey mike, I'm not too far away from you. I'm in Stoney Creek / Hamilton area.
Quite a few Mopar guys in this area.
There is a place in Fort Erie that lets you ship to their address - no account needed and they charge $5 per parcel over the counter charge.

Hey Polara Pat, you sure do live in some beautiful country! I lived out on the Queen Charlottes late 70's and every few years get back out that way specifically to Mission, BC and Calgary, AB and down to Duck Lake and Browning, Montana. Love the driving and the views and the fishing and all the people out there!

Yah, I have no reason to ever move from B.C. I actually worked near the Charlottes a bunch of years back for a Summer, that place is amazing and huge King Salmon to be had. Now I've got my roots in deep in the Kootenays where the only thing we lack is a drag strip. Oh well.

Hey 1970GTX, I always forget how close you live to us. You need to re-re-re-introduce (sounds like a Mopar starter, no?) yourself when we come to race in your little desert town.

Hey mike, I'm not too far away from you. I'm in Stoney Creek / Hamilton area.
Quite a few Mopar guys in this area.
There is a place in Fort Erie that lets you ship to their address - no account needed and they charge $5 per parcel over the counter charge.

Thanks Beeper,

I should have looked into this a while ago since I'm (hopefully) done the majority of my purchases now but I'll keep it in mind for future!

Just curious, what do you guys have to do to get a car across the border if you buy one from the states?

My best friend has imported several cars that he picked up and either drove or trailered back from stateside and from what I recall there is some paperwork to be filled out ahead of time for the import as well as some required by the seller then you have to ensure the vehicle will meet mechanical fitness requirements for the import.... I know with some newer cars in particular they have to have daytime running lights which I guess isn't a requirement in some or all states? From what I've seen though it's pretty painless especially once you've done it once

Yah, I have no reason to ever move from B.C. I actually worked near the Charlottes a bunch of years back for a Summer, that place is amazing and huge King Salmon to be had. Now I've got my roots in deep in the Kootenays where the only thing we lack is a drag strip. Oh well.

Hey 1970GTX, I always forget how close you live to us. You need to re-re-re-introduce (sounds like a Mopar starter, no?) yourself when we come to race in your little desert town.
Were you here this summer? I managed to be out of town for every single race. But I'll be watching next year.

Auto Transport Service
Back