• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Members

You are a lucky man. I bought a pre built model home and didn't have that luxury. Also my double garage has 2 single doors which sucks large....I can't count the number of times I have said " If I had the opportunity to do this all over again I would buy property and design the house so it has this and that" etc. Maybe next time.

You are a lucky man. I bought a pre built model home and didn't have that luxury. Also my double garage has 2 single doors which sucks large....I can't count the number of times I have said " If I had the opportunity to do this all over again I would buy property and design the house so it has this and that" etc. Maybe next time.

At the time I did consider it lucky... and I remember being asked "don't you want 2 separate doors so you can keep the side with your car closed separately?" when I explained how much nicer it would be with one big door to pull into the centre of the garage and work around the car lightbulbs went off! lol.

Not in that house anymore I have a slightly larger detached now with a nice size loft above for a workshop... Like that setup a bit better :)

I'm in the same boat though if I were ever to do a new build again I have several things I would do differently including a 3 car garage instead of a 2

pretty sure i missed this earlier but 75 Coronet from langton ontario canada

If you live in or near Vancouver and would like a better way to get parts shipped to you, might I suggest Point Roberts... If you live near there, then you know!

Peterborough Ontario

Yes it pisses me off these shipping charges, but I am about 2 hours from Niagara falls not worth the trip most times. I am going to Carlisle,pa was going to check with the motel to see if I could ship to them to pickup in July?
Us Canadians should group up some how?

pretty sure i missed this earlier but 75 Coronet from langton ontario canada

Glad you found the thread! any pics of your Coronet

Yes it pisses me off these shipping charges, but I am about 2 hours from Niagara falls not worth the trip most times. I am going to Carlisle,pa was going to check with the motel to see if I could ship to them to pickup in July?
Us Canadians should group up some how?

Shipping to the hotel sounds like a good idea and I agree grouping up somehow would be nice but not sure how feasible... Chargersteven did offer further up in the thread to have stuff shipped to his box and bring it across. I'm in the same boat as you it's convenience vs. cost... taking 2-3 hours out of my day to drive to Niagara isn't worth saving $50-60 and dealing with a border hassle....

I think a better way to group would be maybe group buys or approaching Vendors??? Hell I dunno! lol

Missed this thread, 67 Charger from Hamilton. Nice to see all the Canadian content. Another forum that I am on (LX forums) has a southern Ontario shipping thread where members help out getting things to other members. A lot of the members use CBI in the states for a shipping address and some members will actually pick up from there for you and get you your package . I will never have anything shipped up from the states using UPS they seem to hit you up with brokerage fees as well as duties and taxes.

Brian

Collector Car Auction April 4 - 6 Mississauga

Is anyone planning on attending this auction? interested in hooking up?

Thinking of having a bbq at my place April 26th (it's a Saturday) to talk cars and get the Southern Ontario guys together and go for a cruise afterwards. I'm in Hamilton near Mohawk college. If you're interested let me know (by pm or this thread) so I can get an idea of how many to expect.

-Ryan

Is anyone planning on attending this auction? interested in hooking up?

Never been to an auction but would hate to go without any money to spend! Are you going looking to buy or just spectate?

Thinking of having a bbq at my place April 26th (it's a Saturday) to talk cars and get the Southern Ontario guys together and go for a cruise afterwards. I'm in Hamilton near Mohawk college. If you're interested let me know (by pm or this thread) so I can get an idea of how many to expect.

-Ryan

Hey Ryan, If I'm around I would definitely make an attempt to get there.... This time of year is getting iffy working most weekends though

It's quite a ways off but I plan on doing something similar the Saturday evening on the weekend of Moparfest. (end of August) The Saturday cruise night, show and shine and burnout contest all take place in Guelph at the local Dodge dealer 5 minutes from my house so I'm hoping to host a bbq that night! Like I said it's a long way out though so I'll post actual details as the date nears!

Looks like a lot of Canadian's joining the forum recently too which is nice to see :)

That would be good, hopefully I can get the Belvedere together by moparfest. If it all works out well I might be able to grab temp plates for it and hit up moparfest and woodward dream cruise on the temps. Who knows though, this project is taking forever haha.

Don't know where that story was written. I have not noticed any breaks on import taxes when I pick up parts from across the border. Around here it is always bring in the receipts and pay up.

Why would anyone be buying stuff from down there now anyways, with the exchange rate lately it's cheaper to buy within Canada.

Why would anyone be buying stuff from down there now anyways, with the exchange rate lately it's cheaper to buy within Canada.

I just ordered a stock pitman arm and idler arm from PST. Price was $131.00. Best price I could get up here from Lordco was $219.00 for just the pitman arm. MasterCard charges about 15% exchange right now or about 20 bucks. I'm down to Oroville Washington and back in 20 minutes. No brainer for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know where that story was written. I have not noticed any breaks on import taxes when I pick up parts from across the border. Around here it is always bring in the receipts and pay up.
I usually don't get charged on anything below $150.00 or so.

Auto Transport Service
Back