• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Cover recommendations

real0803

Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
Hello I need some recommendations for car covers. I purchased a couple and they don't seem to last long in sunny California. The ones I had either rip or the sun beats down on them and end up leaving lint everywhere .

I have been VERY happy with "motor trend" brand covers from walmart. Waterproof enough to keep a puddle on the trunk (spoiler makes for a low area) for a week, at least. Somewhere around $60. A bargain.
Liked the first one enough that I bought two more for other cars.
I did have to get my gf to buy them on line, you'll never find them in brick and mortar.
Using mine in california and Arizona. Arizona summer weather makes california weather mild and weak. (Seen 118f in my garage at 6pm, a couple weeks ago).

I use a car capsule. It keeps the dust, rodents and insects out well worth the price and they do make out door specific ones as well

CarCapsule | Indoor & Outdoor Car Storage Solutions

20240722_192548.jpg

I have been VERY happy with "motor trend" brand covers from walmart. Waterproof enough to keep a puddle on the trunk (spoiler makes for a low area) for a week, at least. Somewhere around $60. A bargain.
Liked the first one enough that I bought two more for other cars.
I did have to get my gf to buy them on line, you'll never find them in brick and mortar.
Using mine in california and Arizona. Arizona summer weather makes california weather mild and weak. (Seen 118f in my garage at 6pm, a couple weeks ago).
Hey I will try it out ! What model did you get ? They have a 1 4 and 6 layer one that I seen on Amazon .

I think it is probably 4 layer. Whatever version that walmart sells
Amazon has burned me twice, they'll never get another dime from me!

I have a covercraft Noah car cover for indoor use. And a weathershield hp for outdoor use. The hp cover has been used outside for 6 years with no issues. Keeps the car looking clean and dry.

i recently purchased two covers to fit a 20 Challenger. 1) Ezyshade - about $70 - great for reflecting sunlight and keeping the car not so hot in direct sunlight. I have had a small amount of moisture under some of the seams after heavy rains. Fits a little bit tight, could use another inch or so in the length. 2) Sealskin - about $100 - Very watertight and fits well. Seems a bit thicker than the Ezyshade. I got a gray colored cover - I have not really checked the temperature underneath it in the direct sun as the vehicle it is covering is a shell for a future resto.

Last edited:
I’m happy with Covercraft’s fit, more so on the GTX than the truck but that’s primarily due to the vehicle shape. They are rated for indoor/outdoor use, I only use them indoors to keep my rides clean. There is a lot of airborne dust and pollen where I live…

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks.

I ripped the one I have . But was never super happy with how it fit anyway

So looking at upgrades and am looking at the 5 layer covercraft cover. it MIGHT get used outside once maybe twice a year , if that.

Last edited:
For anyone in Canada, DO NOT purchase from Carcover.ca. Contrary to their claim, the covers are generic and don't fit. The will not accept a return and only offer "for an additional $80 you don't have to send the original back and we will send you a new one, that should fit". When questioned which sku# they are sending it is they same as the original, which I know doesn't fit. Can't get any customer satisfaction from them. So that leaves me with leaving negative opinions on forums I frequent.

Auto Transport Service
Back