• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carter AVS Idle A/F Mixture

the only reason i can see for this is that the direction the top air screw and bottom fuel screws are turned give the same results. maybe less confusion for the mechanics,......?

I agree with this. Since the single top screw is an idle air bleed it really works opposite of the two lower mixture screws since they adjust the fuel in the idle circuit. But since they use left hand threads on the single idle air bleed screw it works like the mixture screws which is less confusing to the basic car person. So when you turn the idle air bleed screw clockwise it actually moves the screw out which gives more air in the idle circuit and leans it out. Just like when you turn a mixture screw clockwise and it goes in as its right hand threads it give less fuel in the idle circuit which also leans it out. The air bleed and mixture screws really work opposite of each other but since the air bleed screw is left hand threads you turn it the same as the mixture screws. I also believe they did this to be less confusing to many. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back