• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center link rubs oil pan

The pan I used has an offset in the back side of the sump for center link clearance...

IMG_4004 - Copy.JPG

That is an excellent idea. Thanks for making this an option.

I didn't know this item was available. A day late and a dollar short. For about the same price that I paid for a Moroso nos 971 pan that worked, it would have been a lot easier to swap the center link than the pan. :rolleyes:

You will need to factor in the cost of a front end alignment after swapping the center link. Caster and Camber will be the same but the toe will change. When I had the Fast Ratio steering arms, the longer FR arms pushed the center link further out. This took the toe from 1/8" IN to 1/8" OUT.
Toe is easy enough to check and adjust so if you're handy, you can do it yourself.....

1726026767867.png

Here is what I did:

1726026810156.png

1726026848377.png

1726026865150.png

Take the measurements, then turn the tie rod collars an equal amount a little at a time to get the toe to where you want it.

That is an excellent idea. Thanks for making this an option.

You will need to factor in the cost of a front end alignment after swapping the center link. Caster and Camber will be the same but the toe will change. When I had the Fast Ratio steering arms, the longer FR arms pushed the center link further out. This took the toe from 1/8" IN to 1/8" OUT.
Toe is easy enough to check and adjust so if you're handy, you can do it yourself.....

View attachment 1724861

Here is what I did:

View attachment 1724862

View attachment 1724863

View attachment 1724864

Take the measurements, then turn the tie rod collars an equal amount a little at a time to get the toe to where you want it.

Well hopefully whoever engineered the center link has it dead nuts to the factory specs. Of course you want to check the toe regardless. I'll hook my tape measure to the center tread, pull it across to the same location on the opposite tire. Do this front and back to get your 1/8" difference. It was dead on at the alignment shop doing this.
20230921_193006.jpg

I can't tell by your photo, so I'll ask. Looking at the center link, from underneath, the way the bends are, center of the center link should be towards the rear. Is it?
Yes the center goes back and down from the front of the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back