• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certicard question

murfman

Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
Did every 1967 car come with a Certicard on the core support? I have a completely in touched original 1967 Coronet R/T and have 2 broadcast sheets, the fender tag, even all the old California registration sheets from 1967 on. However there is no Certicard, and no plastic pocket on the core support to hold one, and no apparent markings or evidence it ever had One. Did every car have ones, or were some cars sold or built/delivered without them?

All cars should have had one. The plastic pocket snaps into 5 holes in the core support, it can be removed without a trace. Sure could have missed installing it on your car, no way to know now.

The Certicard has a purpose. They put in in a machine and swipe over it and it puts that info on a repair order at the dealership. Just like the credit card machines in those olden days.

when i got my 68 roadrunner in 73 there were 2 certicards in the operating instructions the first one was the person who ordered the car in june of 68 the next one was from oct 68 with a different name on it i am thinking the first guy got drafted and had to return the car to the dealer and them it was resold i am the 5th owner had this car the last 51 years

Mine was an LA built car, sold new in Coalinga Ca, and there is no evidence on the core support of it ever having the sleeve

My 67 R/T bought from the original owner in '84 had one still in the pocket . He owned a service station so he likely didn't use it much. He drove the car 90k miles in 15 years. How it survived there, who knows? How he drove it through the '70's, who knows? I recall seeing a '69 Super B in the local junk yard in 1979 under a stack of other so-called gas guzzlers. In 1977 I remember an ad for a '68 hemi charger, $1800. At 18 that was out of the question. My $400 65 Mustang convertible was all I could do. The 289 was bad enough on gas, I couldn't even imagine commuting to school in a hemi Charger.

My 1967 R/T still has its original Certicard and holder. It has name and address of owner, and date sold.

My car (67 Satellite) still has its holder and card.

Anyone know the model years that the certi-cards were used?
Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back