• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

charger front brake line routing

magnumdart

Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Is there a way to know if my right front brake line should go over or under my frame. 1968 Charger 383 auto with manual drums.

I remember when changing my lines, the originals were under the frame but the replacements were made to go over the frame on my 68 Charger.
They are awkward to work with so check before you start feeding the line through to the wrong spot.
Ask me how I know. Good luck. Great upgrade for safeties sake.

I was criticised for running my front lines below the chassis rail, as it was deemed correct according to all the pictures I could find. Several people told me at the time that above the rails was correct as the lines would not be damaged.
Here is one picture I used as reference from a restored car (not mine);

Roadrunner front brake line.JPG

I honestly cannot see how running the lines above is any better than underneath as the factory designed. The lines are well above the flat areas where a jack or hoist foot would crush the lines.

Thanks for all the imput. I did research this a while back and there were cars made both ways . Maybe the difference was hemi cars or something. I have a lot of work in this car and I would prefer not to have to move the brackets. From the picture I am guessing mine shipped under. I wouldn't mind over as long as the brackets line up, but I'm not sure they would.

I was criticised for running my front lines below the chassis rail, as it was deemed correct according to all the pictures I could find. Several people told me at the time that above the rails was correct as the lines would not be damaged.
Here is one picture I used as reference from a restored car (not mine);

View attachment 275990

I honestly cannot see how running the lines above is any better than underneath as the factory designed. The lines are well above the flat areas where a jack or hoist foot would crush the lines.
the self adjuster goes to the front of the car? how about the rear drum self adjusters? do they go to the front of the car as well?

the self adjuster goes to the front of the car? how about the rear drum self adjusters? do they go to the front of the car as well?
I didn't even look at that....I was more concerned about brake line routing.

Auto Transport Service
Back