• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coker Red Line Radials

bob32268

Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone here used the Coker Red Line Radial tires ? If so, what do you think of them for ride and handling compared say, to B F Goodrich radials or Cooper Cobra radials ?
I currently have Red Line bias ply tires on my 69 Charger and am think of switching over to radials.
Tks,
Bob32268

I put up a post asking about redlines, no replies, but included sizing for larger wheel. Recall a member or two liking the Diamond back tire. Years ago, put on Goodrich radials, wider and 15" and the ride/handling were remarkably better. Later added a sway bar and FFII and got more better. Some like and don't like the Goodrich tires. I can't say as I've had those on both my old rides; but some have switched from those to a different tire saying what they got was better. Amazing how I used to hot-rod around in the day with the old bias-ply tires. That was then.
There are several old threads on the forum on these redlines you can also do a search on.

I am one of the members who have recommended Diamond back for redlines. The put them on quality tires, even drag radials.
I have heard some bad reviews of Coker tires.

The tire shop I deal with has stopped selling Coker tires due to QC issues. I have personally used 3 sets of Diamondbacks on 3 different vehicles. When they need replacement I will buy Diamondbacks again, without hesitation…

Another for Diamondback Redlines. Mine are a Mastercraft carcass tire
I took BFGs off So cant say ride improved or worst . Probably about the same.

But look A LOT better

I actually have them off the car right now if anyone wants closeups of the tires

Allisons-Ride.jpg

20211004_153258.jpg

20211015_150113.jpg

I purchased a set of the Diamondback III redline radials back in the spring. I love the way they ride. They appear to be a very high quality tire. They are BFG Radial T/A cores.

IMG_E3337.JPG

I can tell you from experience as well as from interaction with many in the classic car community, Diamondback is the way to go.

I had a set of Coker redlines. They all took way too much weight to balance. Weights looked like a trim-ring....

I bought a set of Coker Redline tires. They each took a lot of weight to balance. At 4,000 miles, the plies separated on one of the front tires, causing a big bulge. I replaced both the front tires with Diamondback Redlines. They took hardly any weight to balance.
As I understand it, Coker makes their own tires, using old BFG T/A tire molds. Diamondback has BFG make tires for them, with one sidewall left blank. Then, Diamondback applies the redline to this sidewall.
Cokers BAD. Diamondback GOOD.

Has anyone here used the Coker Red Line Radial tires ? If so, what do you think of them for ride and handling compared say, to B F Goodrich radials or Cooper Cobra radials ?
I currently have Red Line bias ply tires on my 69 Charger and am think of switching over to radials.
Tks,
Bob32268
I traded in my "square" Coker Red lines for "round" Diamondback Red line tires. Quite a difference in ride quality.

Thanks for the reply, I can relate to the "square" Cokers.....
Tks,
Bob32268

I purchased a set of the Diamondback III redline radials back in the spring. I love the way they ride. They appear to be a very high quality tire. They are BFG Radial T/A cores.

View attachment 1721819
They look even better on the car. It looked awesome at Carlisle this year, with the new wheels and tires.

I have my first and last set of Coker’s on the car now. After taking to many, I no longer think my wheels are bent. Just shitty tires is all.

I found a good use for Coker Redline. This is the tire that failed at 4,000 miles. Makes a nice side table in my Mancave.

P6230084.JPG

P6230085.JPG

I found a good use for Coker Redline. This is the tire that failed at 4,000 miles. Makes a nice side table in my Mancave.

View attachment 1723114

View attachment 1723115
Is this their Radial Redline ? I just checked with them this week and they are now $377.00 each what a waste of money ! The bias red lines are $367.... big price for bad tires ......
Bob 32268

Yeah the cost went way way up right after I got the last set in the US. Like 30% overnight. The radials look almost nothing like the bias plys. More like inspired by. They’ve done enough to get by for me, but I won’t miss them. At all.

Is this their Radial Redline ? I just checked with them this week and they are now $377.00 each what a waste of money ! The bias red lines are $367.... big price for bad tires ......
Bob 32268
I think the repop bias Goodyear G70x15 red lines that are "correct" for my car are over $400/ea. ( no firestones on A12s)
I seriously doubt i will ever buy correct tires for it
If I DO buy redlines, they'll be from Diamondback, and radials.

Edit: I was wrong. They are $500!! (,well, $495) WTF!
I paid $2000 for the car. I'm not gonna put $2000 worth of tires on it!

Last edited:
This is why I’m seriously considering Hankook (or your favorite street brand) tires and a red-stripe kit.

IMG_1426.png

Auto Transport Service
Back