• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coker Red Line Radials

I think the repop bias Goodyear G70x15 red lines that are "correct" for my car are over $400/ea. ( no firestones on A12s)
I seriously doubt i will ever buy correct tires for it
If I DO buy redlines, they'll be from Diamondback, and radials.

Edit: I was wrong. They are $500!! (,well, $495) WTF!
I paid $2000 for the car. I'm not gonna put $2000 worth of tires on it!
I just ordered a set of BFG Radial T/A's with raised white letters for $180. each from my local tire shop , these are the same tires that Diamondback makes their Red-Line radials from. The RWL's are OK with me, we ran them on our musclecars back in the 60's and early 70's. I have 4 of these on my 70 GTO and they are really great for smooth ride and handling, especially good on a wet road, unlike the Bias Redlines.
Tks,
Bob32268

Yes, I think it’s a job for someone with a lot of patience and detail minded. I have a set of blue lines for my 66 but I haven’t bought tires yet. I really need to get rid of the 22 year old Coker redlines on my GTX first. But the cost of rep to tires for no more miles than I put on a set is crazy. They have held together but ride like the wheels on Fred Flintstone’s buggy. If I tackle a set of glue on red lines I’ll post the good, the bad and the ugly.

With the cost of tires, l like that kit.

With the cost of tires, l like that kit.
I'm beginning to think these Redline tires are way overpriced... I can get BFG Radial T/A's for $180. per tire in my size, BFG also makes a Redline Radial but it's around $367... Double the price...why?
Tks,
Bob32268

Does BFG make Radial T/As anymore? I thought Coker bought all the molds for them and was making all of them now as reproduction tires.

Does BFG make Radial T/As anymore? I thought Coker bought all the molds for them and was making all of them now as reproduction tires.
Go to their website, they advertise a BFG Silvertown Radial Redline tire....

It's funny how some of these post pop up when I've been thinking about the same thing. Anybody, I've got some cokers on wheel vintiques steelies. Can't say I'm in love with either but prefer the look because that's the way my car was built.
I had a lot of trouble with this combo but in the end the majority was people related. The folks who put the wheels and tires together did a horrible balance job. After fighting it for years I borrowed an old bubble balancer to try and figure it out. Stuff was terrible but I played with it and made a tremendous difference. Earlier this year I went back at the bubble balancer, removing all weights, and starting from scratch. I just got everything back on the car this morning (tires and wheels sit for months) and went for a short drive. What a difference! So far very smooth; like the torque thrust and Ironman tires I took off.
I'm not recommending any brand but I do believe some real problems come from the tire mounting and balancing, and always check those wheel vintiques steelies for straightness.

It's funny how some of these post pop up when I've been thinking about the same thing. Anybody, I've got some cokers on wheel vintiques steelies. Can't say I'm in love with either but prefer the look because that's the way my car was built.
I had a lot of trouble with this combo but in the end the majority was people related. The folks who put the wheels and tires together did a horrible balance job. After fighting it for years I borrowed an old bubble balancer to try and figure it out. Stuff was terrible but I played with it and made a tremendous difference. Earlier this year I went back at the bubble balancer, removing all weights, and starting from scratch. I just got everything back on the car this morning (tires and wheels sit for months) and went for a short drive. What a difference! So far very smooth; like the torque thrust and Ironman tires I took off.
I'm not recommending any brand but I do believe some real problems come from the tire mounting and balancing, and always check those wheel vintiques steelies for straightness.

20240909_110537.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back