• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool old Dodge truck

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
This is up near my place in NH. Judging by the headrests, it's got modern seats, but I don't know anything more about it. I'll have to stop in some time and find the owner and talk about it.

trtuck.jpg

If you talk to the owner and find it's for sale let me know. I would want to know more about it of course

That is a COOL TRUCK!
It looks like a '40-41? to me.

Looks to be solid from that "one photo"
I know RC knows it already too
anything from the northeast better check it out
REALLY GOOD for RUST
especially something made to be a workhorse
from an eara with no undercoating

could make a great hot rod, :lol:
gen 3 Hemi or a 392 gen 1 Hemi, 727 & S-60 transplant

Last edited:
There’s a company that custom makes these on new chassis to make it 4x4 with Cummins motors... but they ain’t cheap... this is a “1949”

1ED58882-8B80-44F6-A85B-A64D7029F59F.jpeg

Either there's a lot of condensation on that windshield, or it's been blasted by sand a few to many times. Nice truck though!

i believe its a 39 from the the grille...

I believe you're right. '39 is my guess too! '40 is very similar but has some chrome trim on the grill that isn't on this one. Also the '40 has running lights/turn signals built into the top of the headlamp buckets, this one doesn't have those either.

Of course the Ram's head is missing too regardless of the year.

After looking some more, convinced its a '39. The grille chrome IS there, its just painted now instead of chrome. Ram head is missing.

'40's grille chrome was moved up a little higher and more horizontal on the grille versus the lower, downward V shape of the chrome on the '39's.

..and the crew cab is a Power Wagon.

BTW if anyone in FL has a 39-47 cab laying around...

I'd love to replace the horribly rusted out cab on my 1980 step-side with one.

Either there's a lot of condensation on that windshield, or it's been blasted by sand a few to many times. Nice truck though!
Judging from the other cars on the lot, it is either condensation or ice.

There used to be a black 46 or 47 Dodge truck that came to a lot of our car shows a few years ago. had a 426 Hemi stuffed in it, and it was a nice looking ride! Always wondered what it was like to drive.....

Auto Transport Service
Back