• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool old Dodge truck

Flat fender Power Wagons (post-war) are the absolute toughest and COOLEST trucks Dodge ever made.
BBD, yes they are, I've had mine for over ten years now, 230 flattie, double ace intake, ( tattersfield, folded in 1953.) fenton repops. if everybody was driving a power wagon, there would be NO wrecks due to cellphone use. when you are driving one it's all hands on deck, so to speak, NO power anything, 45 mph speed (5.83 gears) bulldog low w/a 1.96 reduction transfer case, 10,000 lbs winch PTO driven!! hog head diffs w/ a 9.625 inch ring gear. I LOVE mine!!! pwDave P.S. 1958 model

BBD, yes they are, I've had mine for over ten years now, 230 flattie, double ace intake, ( tattersfield, folded in 1953.) fenton repops. if everybody was driving a power wagon, there would be NO wrecks due to cellphone use. when you are driving one it's all hands on deck, so to speak, NO power anything, 45 mph speed (5.83 gears) bulldog low w/a 1.96 reduction transfer case, 10,000 lbs winch PTO driven!! hog head diffs w/ a 9.625 inch ring gear. I LOVE mine!!! pwDave P.S. 1958 model

Got any pics of your PW?

Yep, that's why I love 'um. Shock absorbers? That'd be your rear on the seat.

1939 likely, 1940 maybe, definitely NOT 1941 - 1947...

There are no cowl lights on this truck, these debuted in the 1941 MY on Dodge, Plymouth and Fargo trucks. The '39 to '40 grille difference was noted earlier.

No, Pilot-House trucks were from '48 thru '53.
Job-Rated trucks were from '39 thru '47.
Fore-Point trucks were from '36 thru '38.

Job-Rated trucks were 1954 through 1960 trucks inclusive, not the earlier trucks. I've owned several.

Job-Rated trucks were 1954 through 1960 trucks inclusive, not the earlier trucks. I've owned several.

Apology offered for any incomplete info I may have posted. Seems ANY source of info a guy uses can and will be contradicted by another source. So who's right?? Doesn't matter in the long run.

I quoted one of my reference books on the Job-rated years in above post. It obviously is not entirely accurate.

For instance, here are some photos that contradict BOTH of us.

1940-dodge-pickup.jpg
job-rated 51.jpg
1953 Job Rated.jpg

Yeah, when I wrote that, I was kinda doubting my memory a bit. According to Allpar.com (who is very seldom wrong!), the "Job-Rated" tagline was first used in 1939...BUT the phrase didn't appear on the truck itself until much later. The "Pilot-House" series replaced the 1947 style for the 1948MY, and lasted through 1953. The 1954 through 1956 trucks were called "Job-Rated" and had that stamped on the grill. Those are the trucks that are most known AS "Job-Rated". The 1957 through 1960 trucks were the "Power Giant" trucks. The 1961 - 1971 trucks are "Sweptline" trucks.

Saw this today. Makes me want to trade my six pack Cuda for it.
power wagon.JPG

Last edited:
I parked next to this one at Dead Mans Curve car show in NJ. I NEVER sow a PU with a twister chassis:wtf:
And a few others JFTFI!

9.1.18 034.jpg 9.1.18 036.jpg 9.1.18 037.jpg 9.1.18 038.jpg 9.1.18 039.jpg 9.1.18 061.jpg 9.1.18 062.jpg 9.1.18 095.jpg 9.1.18 142.jpg 9.1.18 143.jpg

I NEVER sow a PU with a twister chassis:wtf:

Yep, they made them way back when. I think the center swivel was an option. Basically two halfs of the frame tied together in the middle with a tube. Each half could rotate independently of the other on the tube. Cool stuff for the '40's, hell cool even now.

Sorry that it's a Chevy . . . but saw this really cool truck at the car show this weekend . . .

Very Cool . . . I'd drive it . . .

sm_cooltruck01.jpg

Closer pic of the truck . . .

sm_cooltruck02.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back