• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coupe VS hardtop

-- Magoo, a post chevelle ss 396? Never seen one before. --
-- 69 only. Very rare. I spoke to the original owner. It was real. Research it. -- Like many others ( 65 Belvedere II - 426 wedge, 2, 66 L-79 Novas, A 67, 4 door, 4 speed, 327 Chevelle,-- A Mr. Norms Dart) I should have kept it. ---
69 Chevelle SS 396 Post Car.JPG

Last edited:
-- Had a 56 Chevy 2dr post back in the early 70's. 265 with aluminum intake, Jardine headers, Holley and 3 speed. The trans had the linkage reversed to be able to grab a good 2nd gear....
-- Mine was a 283, with a 4 speed.

Magoo, very interesting! I didnt know such a thing existed. Im curious to know how many were built. Very desirable for us sedan lovers!
Edit: was yours a 4sp or t400?

I prefer the fastop myself. Sometimes I prefer the no top at all!
8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG
IM001045.sized.jpg

Magoo, very interesting! I didnt know such a thing existed. Im curious to know how many were built. Very desirable for us sedan lovers!
Edit: was yours a 4sp or t400? -

personal prefernce, I like the cleaner lines of the hardtop and pop out windows dont cut it if your riding in the back,

We used to call it "the hardtop effect" but hardtops have a tendency to leak water/air more readily than coupes. With A/C, all-windows-down isn't that cool (pun intended).

Edit: was yours a 4sp or t400?
According to my buddy about 900 were made, I didn't ask the break down.

Auto Transport Service
Back