• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cribbing blocks, has anyone used them?

Very effective. Both wood and composite dunnage are used for cribbing aircraft during recovery lifting operations and long term storage. Lots of airframes out in Davis-Monthan AFB are off the ground using them.
Same with ships being worked on in dry dock.

These are working out great. Anyone see any problems?

IMG_1093.JPG
IMG_1094.JPG

Here's a lesson learned. The wife had a 96' T-Bird and I kept it maintained. I had it in the garage and had it up by the front end preparing to pull the wheels to replace the upper control arms. My "all knowing" brother was there (big brother complex). I put jack-stands under the engine cradle as the lower control arms need to be movable, while I worked on the front end. The member was maybe eighteen inches by five and I used it many times before to support the vehicle. This time my brother looked at the set up and told me it was dangerous. Why I asked? Because the car will slide on the stands. I told him it worked every other time. He said I should put wood between the stands and the member, to prevent the car from sliding. He worked at the Ford factory and that was done all the time in moving machines. He left after I took the wheels off. And yes the car did slide to one side. Not far just to the end of the member. A little unsettling, but the car wasn't in danger of falling. And yes I repositioned the car resting on a piece of wood.

Auto Transport Service
Back