• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crowdstrike ?

Tony Tee

Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
This world wide computer glitch. Is what I fear about relying too much on technology. I know someone that won't be able to get back home until the airlines get their their systems back on line. Any one here affected?

This world wide computer glitch. Is what I fear about relying too much on technology. I know someone that won't be able to get back home until the airlines get their their systems back on line. Any one here affected?
Not sure if it's related, but a large payment I was expecting this morning didn't come through.

Banking sector in Australia and New Zealand has taken a hit.

Crowdstrike is an end point remediation product, (modern antivirus) that is designed to stop ransomware if it occurs. Tens of thousands of companies use it and every one of them were affected. They pushed out a bad file and **** hit the fan. It will take days for people to clean it up and get things back to normal.

Most of the systems at my work were down but at least my laptop booted up normally when I sat down to work from home today. At least one of my coworkers got a “blue screen of death” when he tried to log in.
I was able to access one system I use, to work on something this morning. I may be the only one in my team who got anything done today!

One of these days it's going to happen to the nation's grid. Everything is ran off of a computer system of some kind. Lights Out!
Yep...several movies will become reality.

Yep. Stranded in Zurich Switzerland.

Stranded still sucks... BTDT....

Got even worse. I bought another ticket last night as could not get re booked with United from the cancelled flight. Website useless and was on hold for hours trying to get a human. I got bumped off the flight when I got to airport today, as they oversold it. Even with status and 1.5 million miles they bumped me. So back to hotel and get home Sunday night now. Only 3 days late.
The Zurich airport is still packed with stranded people who can’t get back to the US without spending big money for new one way tickets. I’m fortunate to be able to do that.

Shoot, I know some people that couldn’t get home without their gps in their car or boat.

Got even worse. I bought another ticket last night as could not get re booked with United from the cancelled flight. Website useless and was on hold for hours trying to get a human. I got bumped off the flight when I got to airport today, as they oversold it. Even with status and 1.5 million miles they bumped me. So back to hotel and get home Sunday night now. Only 3 days late.
The Zurich airport is still packed with stranded people who can’t get back to the US without spending big money for new one way tickets. I’m fortunate to be able to do that.
Man that sucks. Hope you get home.

Auto Transport Service
Back