• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cupholder / console insert . Killer idea

Nice. It even has a slot in the rear for your weed bag :thumbsup:

My console door would be unhappy bouncing down the road open I think. Lots of stress on the plastic body at the hinge?
Plus my CDs are in there!

My console door would be unhappy bouncing down the road open I think. Lots of stress on the plastic body at the hinge?
That’s why you only use 12 ounce cans of beer. It’s not designed for the tall boys.
:lol:

Back in the day, the original owner of my GTX removed the lid from the console, and wedged his coffee cup in place with a cigar box.

Last edited:
That's a cool concept :thumbsup:

Just a thought (?)

Someone needs to get a good 3d printer
you can use for metal printing products
& make a couple of the tops,
look like org. ribbed chromed or wood grain stickers
but with a cup holder (or 2 cupholders) endless options,
forward part or the door
so it can stay closed & have a recess for a cup holder

probably sell for more than $100 too, IMO look better

that one does the job
but;
I don't/wouldn't like the have to leave the top open as mentioned above
use a limiting strap so it doesn't bare all the weight/overcenter maybe

I have some deal from the 80's
a rubberized weighted like deal with rubber base,
holds beer, sodas (small or tall) coffee cups (big or small) or a big gulp
if you like, has like wire spring-loaded sort of bars in it for all sizes
has an optional rubberized flaps, not shown it sits on whatever surface
seat or the trans tunnel etc.,
if you don't have a console
works quite well

It was like $5.99 at Chuckers/Schucks, Kragens or Grand Auto type place, 40 years ago IIRC
dirty ol' cup holder
cup holder 001.JPG

cup holder 002.JPG

Last edited:
I thought of but never finished an idea to put a pocket of some sort forward of the shifter hole.

CD1EE807-2BAE-4570-9D7D-1E0C25635F65.jpeg

It couldn’t be too deep. The shifter mechanism is right under there. Manual transmission cars wouldn’t have that problem.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. In my old B, wanted cup holders being a coffee addict, not needing five ashtrays (two in the OEM console). Machinist friend found a couple pieces of scrap aluminum to machine to insert in my non-OEM console (including for a gauge plate) replacing the cheapy plastic tray it had. Kind of tricky given the profiles to make it fit. Found marine cup-holder inserts online…desired results. Now only have three ashtrays remaining…nobody is going to use.

Console 11 pic Plymouth.jpg

Console 5 pic.jpg

I'd like to have some type of secure cup-holder in my 69 Charger but it doesn't have a console....any suggestions ?

Sorry I posted it now.

Guy had / saw a need and made them. I liked it and don't have the means or time to make one. So I bought one

If you can make one and have the means to do it cheaper , Then by all means do so.

Rant off

Sorry I posted it now.

Guy had / saw a need and made them. I liked it and don't have the means or time to make one. So I bought one

If you can make one and have the means to do it cheaper , Then by all means do so.

Rant off
You shouldn't be sorry you posted it. It's not for everyone and maybe a tad over-priced but if you like it and if even one other person on here sees it and buys one then it was worthwhile.

Auto Transport Service
Back