• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cupholder / console insert . Killer idea

.....or less, if you have a short length of 2X6 lying around.

you priced lumber lately? Styrofoam for the win!

I bet this dude's a member here :D

1717045492845.png

Last edited:
Nice. It even has a slot in the rear for your weed bag :thumbsup:
Perfect,It holds two kingers and a bag of weed! What more do you need for a road trip. When I was a kid,my step father made a drain in the bottom of the console of his 70 Charger R/T SE and he could fit three cans of beer on ice in the console.

Some good ideas on here. This is my version.
Just some oak pieces I had in the garage.
Why pay 100.00 if YOU can have all the fun

IMG_1336.jpeg

I think there are many ways to solve the cupholder need. In some cases, you may not want to make something, or you may not have the time and/or skills to do so. For my 70 Road Runner, I bought a "console" that sits on the seat. Not cheap, but it works well for my needs and is quickly removable for a show.
20240530_100710.jpg

For the 73 with a console, I simply bought two stainless cups. I drilled an off center hole, and used the same screws that hold the console top on. Once screwed down, I dropped a foam pad in the bottom of the cup so it wouldn't rattle. It worked great and they are totally removable with no permanent change to the console. It doesn't look great, but they worked well for our trip across country.
20240530_100542.jpg

20240530_100529.jpg

20240530_100620.jpg

Last edited:
I'm probably the last guy to talk to about throwing money at stupid s**t...but $100 for a piece of $15 foam with some holes AND you have to drive around with your console lid open to use it?
giphy-2684098825.gif

I made a mold to make these urethane foam trunk caddies for my charger. But everyone convinced me that it's a limited market and wouldn't sell. They are held down to the trunk floor with strong neodymium magnets. And a tab that slides into the slot between the quarter panel and the trunk floor extension.
20160613_195804.jpg
20160720_203254.jpg
20160613_201358.jpg

But everyone convinced me that it's a limited market and wouldn't sell
May I respectfully disagree with 'everyone'.

I think that's a cool idea to keep stuff stable in the trunk!

Not inexpensive, but if you’re handy enough a person could replicate something like this. I got one that sits on the bench seat in my old truck and really like it. The nice thing is it’s not permanent so you can take it out if you’re showing your car…

Not inexpensive, but if you’re handy enough a person could replicate something like this. I got one that sits on the bench seat in my old truck and really like it. The nice thing is it’s not permanent so you can take it out if you’re showing your car…

[/URL]
I actually looked at those at a Goodguys show a couple years ago. They didn't sit very stable on my console. So decided to look at other ideas

Auto Transport Service
Back