• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cupholder / console insert . Killer idea

Saw these elsewhere. But dont like the idea of cutting holes in the console lid

I wanted something that was invisible with the lid closed, easily removed if I wanted to and large / stable enough to hold a large cup in place

Screenshot_20240525_201810_Chrome.jpg

dont like the idea of cutting holes in the console lid
Think that looks real nice, like it belongs. Don’t relish the idea of having the lid open as it could get damaged. Might be finding another lid to cut? When I installed a stereo, had to make a cut on the faceplate. I had three laying around, one pristine (I didn’t cut on) and did the cut to fit.

I 3D printed some from ASA that replace the ash tray yet have easy removal to put the tray back when getting to a car show.

We road-trip in one of our cars every year and I wanted something easier to reach in the middle of the car compared to the hang on door style I had before.

It also has a slide feature so it works with my 69 4-speed car as well. I’ll post some pictures later as I have thought about selling them as well. They will be cheaper than the $100 option listed here.

I’ll be curious if your guys opinions even if they are harsh.

No console.
Small tunnel area .
What happed to the little bean bag ones?
Oh yea. Cup holders now count as selling points on new cars. That and ABS, video screens and airbags.
I'm about ready to glue a cup holder to a sandbag

Here are some pictures of the one I made…

Doesn’t work on the early 68 dash with sliding door. This uses the wire on the later dashes for support. I’ve had this one for a while with no issues. Will clear 68/69 4 speeds, unsure of a pistol grip. Going to do some more testing tomorrow.

IMG_2043.jpeg

IMG_2044.jpeg

IMG_2046.jpeg

IMG_2045.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where there’s a will, there’s a way. In my old B, wanted cup holders being a coffee addict, not needing five ashtrays (two in the OEM console). Machinist friend found a couple pieces of scrap aluminum to machine to insert in my non-OEM console (including for a gauge plate) replacing the cheapy plastic tray it had. Kind of tricky given the profiles to make it fit. Found marine cup-holder inserts online…desired results. Now only have three ashtrays remaining…nobody is going to use.

View attachment 1670830

View attachment 1670831
That is sharp!

Cup holders in old mopars ?
:rofl:

For those of us that drive our cars long distances they are nice to have. I just got home from a 5 day road trip with my Charger. With no AC something to drink is a must. I don’t want to reach on the floor looking for a bottle that’s rolling around or have a wet crotch while holding a bottle there.

For those of us that drive our cars long distances they are nice to have. I just got home from a 5 day road trip with my Charger. With no AC something to drink is a must. I don’t want to reach on the floor looking for a bottle that’s rolling around or have a wet crotch while holding a bottle there.
I'm just poking fun, We have done some 500 mile road trips with the 67 allways have a cooler along. Next thing you know everyone will want cruise control and fuel injection. :lol:

Next thing you know everyone will want cruise control and fuel injection. :lol:
Well, actually, I already have fuel injection :p

For cruise control: My tuck and my wife's car are so quiet that it is hard to know if you speed up a bit. But I seriously don't need cruise control in the Road Runner - it has an audible tone (the exhaust!) that helps me keep it at the same speed - no need to keep staring at the speedometer!

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. In my old B, wanted cup holders being a coffee addict, not needing five ashtrays (two in the OEM console). Machinist friend found a couple pieces of scrap aluminum to machine to insert in my non-OEM console (including for a gauge plate) replacing the cheapy plastic tray it had. Kind of tricky given the profiles to make it fit. Found marine cup-holder inserts online…desired results. Now only have three ashtrays remaining…nobody is going to use.

View attachment 1670830

View attachment 1670831
I'll take one in black, please. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back