• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dang, I'm old...

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
As I was strapping my six year old grandson into my fifty year old truck for a trip to Home Depot today, and he said, Big Daddy, how do you roll down the window, there is no button to push.....dang, Im old, kid does not even know what manual windows are.......

give them a turntable with a 33 1/3 record and ask them to read to as it go's around :rofl:

Introduce them to manual door locks if it hasn't been done already?

like that "insurance commercial ?"
with the 60s-70s lil' Bronco
lil' girl asks her grandpa, how do you roll down the windows ?

he shows here & she says; 'cool' drive off into the sunset

My granddaughter didn't know how to turn on the shower because there were three knobs instead of one.

Wait 'til you show 'em that little vent window in the doors!

hqdefault.jpg

Couple of years ago I was at a local range for a pistol matcy. Afterwards we all went out for a bit to eat. One guy had his grandson with. The kid pointed to my arm and asked "what's that"? ................................It was my watch.

I thought this would be about dropping things and how FAR AWAY the floor seems to be now....

Wait 'til you show 'em that little vent window in the doors!

He found the vent window and played with that all the way home, along with rolling the window up and down.......ha ha. Oh, to be that young and innocent again....precious ,,,

He found the vent window and played with that all the way home, along with rolling the window up and down.......ha ha. Oh, to be that young and innocent again....precious ,,,
That's just awesome. :)

on some of the imperials there was two switch's on the floor . one for high and low beam and the other one would change the radio station and a button in the glove box to open the trunk :):)

I remember when my folks picked up their new 66 Imperial. For some reason my grandparents came with us. My folks were doing something and my grandma was in the passenger seat. All of a sudden the trunk lid pops open, my grandma heard it, didn’t know what it was. My dad who was always a joker said, what did you do grandma. She said I was just looking in the glovebox, I didn’t touch anything. She was so embarrassed.

My father in law made a deal for a new Chevy Impala late in the day. Driving it home on a twisty, single lane road he said folks was blowing the horn, flashing brights in his eyes, screaming profanities , and he had about stomped a hole in the floor board trying to dim his lights.....he was not told they had moved the switch......

Auto Transport Service
Back