• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash speaker size

BTW, i have the original core. If someone wants it i'm happy to help them out.

You can get the core reconed/restored. That is what I did with mine. If you want to stay original, The Speaker Exchange did mine, it was about 80 bucks.
IMAG1604.jpg

Thanks, but the Ratty Satty doesn't deserve an $80+ speaker. She's a $20 girl

I understand that, but hang on to the core, you may change your mind one day!

Damn! $80 for recone it! Down here maybe is just $10 as much! I reconed mine looong time ago, but sure was dirty cheap! ( also sure I live in another economy reality )

You can buy the pair and get the extra one back to ebay.

Last edited:
Rear speaker deals... lets see

With dual rear speaker option you got 5x8 on driver side and 6x9'on passenger side

With one rear speaker, being stereo ( front to left and rear to right channel ) or mono setup with fader on map light panel can't say which speaker got, the 5x8'or the 6x9. Toward to 5x8 to equalize the cone surface between front/left and rear/right, getting more less same frequency response between both.

With rear deffog blower, just were able to get the 5x8 speaker on driver side ( mono or stereo setup ). There is a speaker/blower mount adaptors but they were an option just on C and E bodies. They DON'T fit on B body package tray ( don't ask how I know it ) so you could get either dual rear speaker ( on an stereo setup ) option or single rear with rear deffog, but never both

Need to note the 5x8 uses a different screw pattern than the aftermarket replacements BTDT. Rear 5x8'speaker is the same than truck front speakers.

Last edited:
I purchased 2 3 inch speakers and made a mounting plate from aluminum. They work great.
S4010525.jpg

S4010526.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back