• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decode please

Neal Zimmerman

Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
Funny how things go sometimes. That 71 Charger with the missing VIN dash tag I was blubbering about last week, made an interesting turn. First of all I mis-
judged the guy on the phone. Turns out he's a real sweetheart. I thought
"well you know it might be worth my effort to drive up in the mountains 40 miles to actually check it out in person." Armed with sandpaper I showed the guy where the hidden VIN numbers are , plus the door sticker that was buried under paint. Well the dashboard may be gone but we pulled up three matching VIN numbers: Fender tag, door sticker and cowl near wiper motor. I couldn't find the one on the rad support, but I didn't look very hard, after pulling up three matching numbers. So I am going to go to DMV and /or state police tmrw and ask them what to do. I was worried that once I found the VIN numbers he would jack the price up (which was pretty low) claiming that the car is more valuable now, but he didn't. He stuck to the price. He also had a database there through his job ( private investigator, cop??), where he entered the VIN and it came up clean, no liens, not stolen. It's always darkest before the dawn!!
Neal

Funny how things go sometimes. That 71 Charger with the missing VIN dash tag I was blubbering about last week, made an interesting turn. First of all I mis-
judged the guy on the phone. Turns out he's a real sweetheart. I thought
"well you know it might be worth my effort to drive up in the mountains 40 miles to actually check it out in person." Armed with sandpaper I showed the guy where the hidden VIN numbers are , plus the door sticker that was buried under paint. Well the dashboard may be gone but we pulled up three matching VIN numbers: Fender tag, door sticker and cowl near wiper motor. I couldn't find the one on the rad support, but I didn't look very hard, after pulling up three matching numbers. So I am going to go to DMV and /or state police tmrw and ask them what to do. I was worried that once I found the VIN numbers he would jack the price up (which was pretty low) claiming that the car is more valuable now, but he didn't. He stuck to the price. He also had a database there through his job ( private investigator, cop??), where he entered the VIN and it came up clean, no liens, not stolen. It's always darkest before the dawn!!
Neal
So can somebody tell me about my Fender tag if they have a book there or something?
I have already figured out the color =GA4 light gunmetal metallic , but where are interior colors hidden on the tag?

Where is this hidden tag, would be a lot easier to decode if we could SEE it.

So can somebody tell me about my Fender tag if they have a book there or something?
I have already figured out the color =GA4 light gunmetal metallic , but where are interior colors hidden on the tag?
Post a pic of the tag,hope it works out for you.

you could type it out if you cant load pic.

OK, well here goes: top to bottom
Line 1:END
Line 2: 25 M21 M25 R11 V7W
Line 3: GA4 U C16 C55 G11 H51
Line 4: GA4 D6XW TX9 618 163020
Line 5: E44 D31 WP23G G1G 234018

WP23G:
Dodge Coronet,Charger
Premium
2 Door Hardtop

G1G: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA

234018: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GA4: Light Gunmetal Metallic (Dodge), Winchester Gray Metallic (Plymouth, Chrysler & Imperial) Exterior Color
D6XW: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black/White
TX9: Black (Dodge), Formal Black (Plymouth) Int. Door Frames
618: Build Date: June 18
163020: Order number

GA4: Light Gunmetal Metallic (Dodge), Winchester Gray Metallic (Plymouth, Chrysler & Imperial) Top Color
U: USA Specifications
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater

J25: 3 Speed Wipers
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V7W: Accent Stripes, White

END: End of Sales Codes

Last edited:
The 25 missing the first letter is likely J25 3 speed wiper.

hmmm, no signs of a console. No brackets on the
tunnel or signs they ever were there. Has a column shift in it now.

So I guess the v7w accent stripes are cool. The cars nothing special, just a 318 car I can work on and hot rod without feeling guilty, kind of what I wanted, absolute plain Jane base model not even an SE. It's a project because of tracking down many missing parts $$$$ , but its pretty solid and straight, and it is dirt cheap

Auto Transport Service
Back