• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't be a victim.

Or the "NOS" BEEP BEEP horn I bought from a member here in an clean unmarked box, that as best we can determine is a repainted and decal'd NOS jeep horn.

I know I sold you an Nos Sparton BpBp horn for your car awhile ago. I sure hope your not referring to that one as I had quite a few of them that only had holes punched in the box to make numbers. No "Mopar" labels like some I have. I bought a bunch from Year One when you could get them only had a small square year one sticker that typically fell off after many years...

I didn't point any finger as to whom I bought it from, as I'm not upset about it .. but at least I know it's Kevin King's fault and not yours. There were no holes in the box. I wouldn't consider a Year One purchase NOS, not now and not in 1990 either. I spent 5 days with over 150 Superbirds, the colour is close, sound not so much and I did try tweaking it without success if you saw my Talladaga or bust thread. I'm sure it wasn't you that painted them purple or labeled them, so we're good.

I didn't point any finger as to whom I bought it from, as I'm not upset about it .. but at least I know it's Kevin King's fault and not yours. There were no holes in the box. I wouldn't consider a Year One purchase NOS, not now and not in 1990 either. I spent 5 days with over 150 Superbirds, the colour is close, sound not so much and I did try tweaking it without success if you saw my Talladaga or bust thread. I'm sure it wasn't you that painted them purple or labeled them, so we're good.
Ok just don't like to think someone was upset with something I sold. We are good. Year One sold many parts that were direct buy outs from Mopar or in this case Direct from Sparton. A brand new sparton horn from Mopar or year one in the 90's was the same part. If he altered it I don't know. I guess it was an NS1 part to be "correct" as it was made by Sparton and discontinued but when it was sold Sparton was no longer making them so it's why it's was sold as Nos Sparton BpBp horn. As far as sound I never tested it as it was unused in the box. I also know for a fact there were numbers in the box as I still have the photo of the part on my PC somewhere. It was just like this one.... And jeeps I believe were 24V(2 tabs) with different mounting brackets. Also Paint never matches from one batch to the next...
IMG_1610.JPG

NOS part are greatly misrepresented in our hobby......I see all this crap from the 80's-90's getting slapped with NOS where in reality at the time they were offered they were called: REPRODUCTION parts.....They all are so far away from the original line part all they are is AGED repro parts......

We all know deep down what is referred to as "NOS" in our hobby.........

Ok just don't like to think someone was upset with something I sold. We are good. Year One sold many parts that were direct buy outs from Mopar or in this case Direct from Sparton. A brand new sparton horn from Mopar or year one in the 90's was the same part. If he altered it I don't know. I guess it was an NS1 part to be "correct" as it was made by Sparton and discontinued but when it was sold Sparton was no longer making them so it's why it's was sold as Nos Sparton BpBp horn. As far as sound I never tested it as it was unused in the box. I also know for a fact there were numbers in the box as I still have the photo of the part on my PC somewhere. It was just like this one.... And jeeps I believe were 24V(2 tabs) with different mounting brackets. Also Paint never matches from one batch to the next...
I'm sure I still have the box.. I'll have to dig it out..

I'm sure I still have the box.. I'll have to dig it out..
I posted the original when blown up I can see similar pin holes in that box. Again I don't want a pissing contest. Just like to make sure people are happy with everything I sell as I don't like the feeling of being ripped off or have someone feeling that I ripped them off. It's why I posted on the forum and not Pm...

So how close to correct are the vintage Fram reissue filters for a 1970 Sixpack car?

I bought it about 5 years ago at Carlisle. Its the one that says vintage reissue on the box. I will get some pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
I bought it about 5 years ago at Carlisle. Its the one that says vintage reissue on the box. I will get some pictures tomorrow.
Not even close, unfortunately.....It doesn't mean they are junk, they have value. More valuable than the black version.....Thing is thats really all thats left......

What I see is a change in the hobby kids these days aren't interested and the guys who grew up with it are older now don't want to wrench no more or go to swapmeets easier to sit in a chair and buy stuff too.I have grandkids they love riding in my cars and doing burnouts and I hope I planted a seed.My 2 cents on buying parts wait for a swapmeet near you and be able to hold it in your hand or someone who has a good track record of selling good parts.

Since the talk about this horn really bothers me since it's something I sold....This post is just to get to the bottom of this. Dadsbee and I are fine. He and others he knew I guess did say though the horn was a spartan jeep horn repainted, re-stickered and re-boxed. So that being said...
Does anyone know Kevin King(from Year One) enough to ask him how he supposedly turned this(first pic & 2nd) into this(3rd pic which I sold)? Seems like an awful amount of work considering you would have to purchase a sparton jeep horn, rewired it to 12V from 24V, put a new back steel plate on it, get a new mounting bracket, purchase a rivet kit, correct mounting tab screws and spacers, stripped it to bare metal, reassemble, paint it turning it into a Purple Sparton short bracket RR horn with a Sparton sticker, then re-box it and sell it for $30-35 in the early nineties...
jeep horn.jpg

jeep horn 2.jpg

IMG_9881.JPG

30 bucks.. that's all you paid??? :steering::poke::lol:

What year did the 24volt jeep stop being built? I don't know myself.

BTW, if you have any of those left that short bracket with the threaded bolt hole is for '71's up. '69 & '70's have a long bracket with just a clearance hole for the bolt that goes into the welded in nut on the rad support.

BTW, if you have any of those left that short bracket with the threaded bolt hole is for '71's up. '69 & '70's have a long bracket with just a clearance hole for the bolt that goes into the welded in nut on the rad support.
Back in the early nineties yes they were all $30-35. Don't know anything about production on the jeep horns..
Didn't you get your Bird rather cheap back then too...:poke::thumbsup:
I bought a bunch still have 6 or so all in different type boxes now.... Also short bracket is for 72-up and I believe 68-9. 70-71 used long bracket. I did tell you that when you asked about the horn that I thought for you it would have been a long bracket like a 71 see the conversation in the for sale thread.....

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/nos-sparton-purple-short-bracket-bpbp-horn.162735/

:screwy:

Last edited:
I bought my repop Recall Wheels from a guy named Bill Atwood in Connecticut and prepaid a large amount for them. I found him here but he moved us off site real quick so the deal wasn't in emails where I could rate the sale here. When they came, one of these new wheels was damaged from running the wrong lug nuts and all four were a different width than he stated. There must have been some sort of rain storm up there since all the wheels had shrunk a full inch and then it knocked out his cell phone service and internet because he never answered his phone or emails after he got his money. CT is a long way from Florida but karma will set it straight some day.
I bought my repop Recall Wheels from a guy named Bill Atwood in Connecticut and prepaid a large amount for them. I found him here but he moved us off site real quick so the deal wasn't in emails where I could rate the sale here. When they came, one of these new wheels was damaged from running the wrong lug nuts and all four were a different width than he stated. There must have been some sort of rain storm up there since all the wheels had shrunk a full inch and then it knocked out his cell phone service and internet because he never answered his phone or emails after he got his money. CT is a long way from Florida but karma will set it straight some day.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Would you care to tell the REST of the story or should I?? Bill is a well respected MOPAR owner,racer,and repair shop owner.

Auto Transport Service
Back