• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door alignment

OzCharger69

Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I need some help on how to get my doors aligned. Front is fine, rear not so much. I was going to start loosening hinge bolts but then I thought I'm sure there's a dark art to it. The alignment was never great to start with but since putting the electric windows in, it got worse. The gaps look good, just want the bodylines to be flush. Thanks for any help!

Chris

rsz_1pxl_20211214_062415078.jpg rsz_1pxl_20211214_062449714.jpg rsz_pxl_20211214_062445807.jpg rsz_pxl_20211214_062424862mp.jpg

Looks as though the striker has to move inward from the pics. There’s 3 screws, Phillips head, some may need an impact screwdriver and hammer. Loosen all 3, just a bit so the striker catch can move and just slide it in a bit, tighten the screws as no check.

Thanks.... I'll check the manual, but I'll start with the striker adjustment first

Here you go anyway.

Attachments

• A-B-HINGE-INSTALL (1).pdf
    1 MB · Views: 163
  • b-body-1-hinge.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
  • b-bod-2-hinge.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
A few suggestions....

1) put tape below and in front of the striker before you loosen the screws... That way you know exactly where it was & how much you moved it...

2) make sure the hinges are what locates the door, the striker shouldn't force the door upwards or pull the door down, it just holds the door in the jamb... I actually remove the striker while setting the hinges so the striker can't effect the height of the door...

3) Make sure the door latch clicks twice, it should have a secondary safety position & a second latch when the door is fully closed.... If it only clicks once the striker actually needs to be moved out, not in...

Another question why I have you here. Both doors require a fair bit of effort to slam shut. I'm not sure what's normal on these cars. I was thinking of fiddling with the striker to check if the doors close more easily.

That could be it or it be the seals around the door if they are aftermarket cause they are a bit thicker.

That could be it or it be the seals around the door if they are aftermarket cause they are a bit thicker.

You're right again. Maybe I could spray the new seals with silicone spray to make them more pliable

Or leave the doors shut for a while.

You're right again. Maybe I could spray the new seals with silicone spray to make them more pliable

Silicone might make the seals slide easier but it won't make them more pliable.... Have you ever played with silicone boobies? They aren't very pliable either....:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back