• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Down at the boat launch

The Simpsons had an episode where Homer did the " new boat owner " deal.... :lol:

The @qualifiedcaptain on Instagram always has gems. Bring a cooler and lawn chair to your local boat ramp and watch the fun!

They needs to announce it like a football game. That would be uber entertaining.

These type videos are hilarious to watch! Probably mostly people who wake one day and say let’s go buy a boat and have never owned one or even towed a trailer before:lol:

I was expecting to see a triple pickle C body

The opening of duck season at the public boat ramp is always a cluster f@&k. The weekend warriors always have trouble.

We have left the launch to go down river at 2am to avoid the idiots.

I live by Lake Mead.My neighbor is a tow truck driver.They get calls all the time.
One Dr. with a Nissan Pathfinder had to be pulled out 3 different times !!

Every 4th of July at Site 6 in Lake Havasu, everyone sets up chairs, ice chest and score cards. It a riot. I feel bad for the ladies who's drunk husband didn't prepare them properly to back down the trailer. Those guys are Dorchester.
Launch n recover 26' tritoon solo. Beach the boat, walk up to parking lot, get in truck, drive to ramp, back down, get into boat, back up, pull onto trailer, get in truck and off the ramp. If no waiting line, 7 minutes total from touching the beach to out of the water.

" Those guys are Dorchester" You must be from Boston area. I guess that's not a compliment, please explain.

I live by Lake Mead.My neighbor is a tow truck driver.They get calls all the time.
Yup Callville Bay when the wind picks up in the afternoon was madness. You would think they would just hit a cove and ride it out for an hour.

I was at my moms in Florida. They have a boat ramp right by their house. Watched a guy spend 40 minutes trying to back a boat in. They finally got the trailer in the water and the boat would not start. :rofl: Yes i was laughing my *** off as they were cussing up a storm

Most people are just as bad ON the water as they are on the docks. Ran into many ******** over the years. Came across this vintage photo of where we launch our boat at Raystown Lake.

124024117_3581476921875007_4663172913641629795_n.jpg

Raystown Lake.
Nice. Pa has lots of fine lakes.Photo reminds me of home.My dad carried his 14 foot jon boat on roof carriers with his 68 Coronet R/T.
Did allot of fishing with Dad.Thanks.

PROOF that intelligent people can be stupid and have NO common sense

Nothing worse than morons at the boat ramp... I could back my 23 foot wake boat down, hop in it and be off the trailer
DSCF0225.JPG
in less than a minute, while my girlfriend pulled the truck/trailer out and parked it. Picked her up at the dock and gone...

I wish I was able to afford some of those boats.
Have the system down since I fish alone most of the time. My old but good Whaler is any easy tow/launch.

Auto Transport Service
Back