• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dynamic compression for 91 octane gas

Your right, I was thinking of having IQ52 build it. Was just wondering if I could do it with 440 first. Great input.

I would just just hand IQ52 the ball and let him be your guide. I don't think you can outguess his facts.

That's pretty much what I'm doing. Using his experiance & knowledge will save me time & $$$$$ !!! Just tell him what end result I'm looking for.

I'm running 9.8:1 on my 456 with cast iron 452s with no issues running 93 octane. I've ran 89 in it but it will ping a bit if loaded at low rpm's.

This.

They will run on crap octane IF you don't put your foot into it as well having gears etc, think of the carb as your compression limiter, keep it cracked and it will live on crap...wide open and it will clack and sound like it instead.

Just play with the numbers, int closing dynamic calculators and static compression.

Auto Transport Service
Back