• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

early hemi 331 into 65 b body

funnycar

Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
anybody have experience installing a 331 into a 1965 belevedere
i have ps so i was wondering if that going to cause an major issue
sorry about the post if its been done before

I've seen it done on a 63 dodge so you should be OK on a 65. They are wider than a RB so inner fender clearence could be an issue. I got a 392 in my 40 ford and had to do some mods to the inner fenders. block hugger headers help clear the steering. There are lower attaching hardware for alt. and power steering if you use the replacement timing covers available at hotheads.

IM001607.JPG

IM001018%20%28Small%29%20%28Custom%29.JPG

Not sure about the 331, but I think a 392 (taller deck height) is slightly wider than a 426...I'll stand corrected if that's not the case.
Either way, you might have to reverse the right hand shock tower as per factory mod.

Here's a pic of a modified right side shock tower in a 65 Coronet.

floor-trunk-tubs-02.jpg

re: EARLY HEMI IN B-BODY

My name is MOPAR CHARLIE, I SPECIALIZE IN EARLY HEMI INSTALLATIONS IN B-E CLASSIC MOPARS

I ALSO SELL THE PARTS NEEDED TO INSTALL THESE ENGINES

MOPAR CHARLIE
727-271-5068

See photos ( 1970 CUDA ) 331 CHRYSLER HEMI

Attachments

• CHARLIE'S CAMPBEELS ENGINE.jpg
    CHARLIE'S CAMPBEELS ENGINE.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 959
  • CHARLIE CAMPBELLS 70 CUDA.jpg
    CHARLIE CAMPBELLS 70 CUDA.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,689
Do you have the motor mounts for early hemi into b body? Uf not what is the best way to modify the 318 mounts. Thanks.

Do you have the motor mounts for early hemi into b body? Uf not what is the best way to modify the 318 mounts. Thanks.

He has posted 9 times in 3 years. Best to call that number and hope for the best.

I put a 1958 315 dodge super power giant hemi in a 66 dodge pick up and it bolted right in. the 315 and 325 red ram or super power giant hemi's are poly blocks. in 58 they changed the block for the poly head. hemi heads were too expensive to manufacture so they went with the poly head. I am trying to locate a 315 or 325 to put in my 65 satellite with 3 deuce set up and make it a stroker motor.

Mopar charlie was a dead end. Time to fab some mounts. Or I could go with a 5.7 hemi swap there seems to be a lot of kits for a hassle free install.

Mopar charlie was active on the a body site today. Visit him over there, he goes by 1968hemidart.

Moparcharlie.....bogus. he did return my money for the parts I was looking for , I give credit for that. I don't believe half of what he says.

I think I have found my 315-325 hemi to go into my 65 satellite in place of my 318 poly motor I am working a deal for the motor there won't be another 65 satellite like it!!

That's cool. I know people say put a built big block or small block, but I think the early hemis look cool. I wish they had more options for these hemis, motor mounts headers etc, but thats what fabricating parts is all about. I think in the future more parts will be available as demand increases

Auto Transport Service
Back