• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock heads

I built my 383/432 Stroker this past winter

Not a race motor , will never see the track

Street/Cruise

Been running it all summer with zero issues other then a needle and seat that backed out on my Carter AVS
That’s a interesting story

Anyways

Edelbrock E Street Heads 75cc
Comp Cams XE275HL Lifter Package
Comp Cams Magnum Pushrods 5/16"

I wasn’t going to run used factory original rocker arms and shafts not knowing how many miles on everything I had along with wear

I went with brand new Sealed Power Steel Rocker Arms and Shafts

I used the supplied studs for the Rocker Arm Shafts that came with the heads , the heads don’t have heli coils in the 2 and 4 location , hence the studs

Make sure you check the heli coils in the heads on the 1 - 3 - 5 location for the Rocker arm shaft bolts

As I was experimenting with the longest bolts I could use in those locations with just the shafts and spacers in place , turning the bolts in by hand

In three or four of those holes , when Edelbrock broke off the tab for the heli coils , that tab was jammed in the bottom of the threads not allowing me to screw in those bolts all the way - I couldn’t even get the factory bolts to bottom out

Anyways then I was able to go with longer bolts in those locations then even the factory bolts for the Rocker Arm Shafts once I cleaned everything up

A92FD81F-7B86-4361-BEB8-4BC3BC47D473.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the PRW adjustable rocker arm on two of my 440s using Smith brothers push rods. After having seen the show room at Smith bros. I wouldn't use anything else. Also have Edelbrock on 1 engine and Trick Flow on the other. There is no comparison to the better machine work on the Trick Flow.

20160223_110147.jpg 20160223_110232.jpg

I built my 383/432 Stroker this past winter

Been running it all summer with zero issues other then a needle and seat that backed out on my Carter AVS
That’s a interesting story

Anyways

Edelbrock E Street Heads 75cc
Comp Cams XE275HL Lifter Package
Comp Cams Magnum Pushrods 5/16"

I wasn’t going to run used factory original rocker arms and shafts not knowing how many miles on everything I had along with wear

I went with brand new Sealed Power Steel Rocker Arms and Shafts

I used the supplied studs for the Rocker Arm Shafts that came with the heads , the heads don’t have heli coils in the 2 and 4 location , hence the studs

Make sure you check the heli coils in the heads on the 1 - 3 - 5 location for the Rocker arm shaft bolts

As I was experimenting with the longest bolts I could use in those locations with just the shafts and spacers in place , turning the bolts in by hand

In three or four of those holes , when Edelbrock broke off the tab for the heli coils , that tab was jammed in the bottom of the threads not allowing me to screw in those bolts all the way - I couldn’t even get the factory bolts to bottom out

Anyways then I was able to go with longer bolts in those locations then even the factory bolts for the Rocker Arm Shafts once I cleaned everything up

That was what I was looking for!

you always have to double check any so called "tech support"
all they know are chevies and maybe a ford

Auto Transport Service
Back