• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock Performer RPM 705 HP top end kit for Gen II HEMI 426-572 cubic inch engines

Hello, The short block is assembled and upon Nick's advise I relpaced the camshaft as he thought that the kit cam would be to much for a street car sporting power brakes and automatic transmission. He has been super busy this summer and I told him to take his time as the car is nowhere near completion. I expect to see it in the next month or so and I will be meeting him this week at the Carlisle meet. Thanks for the inquiry and I will keep you updated through the post as soon as new information is available. Kocan

In my opinion this cam becomes "radical" when used in a 426" street engine. If compared to cam profiles being used in big-inch Gen2 Hemis, such as 528-572", this cam is not considered a "radical" Hemi cam profile. Cubic inches will tame a camshaft profile quite a bit. The more cubic inches an engine has the more air it moves and the bigger the cam profile it needs to operate at its potential. I'm building a 540" Gen2 Hemi Street engine and I've given this camshaft some consideration because street manners are important and maximum HP is not. In a 528-572" this cam won't sound or behave anywhere near stock, but it will make usable power in lower rpm range-which is what a street friendly engine does. In a 426" engine this cam is going to act bigger and push the power band upward, causing the engine to be less responsive at 1500-2500 rpm, than it would in a 528-572 engine. This cam in a 426 or a 572 will still "zing" at 3000+rpm, but in the bigger cube engine will act much smaller and make usable power down low - which is where a street engine spends most of its time. SO...yeah, Nick's right, it's pretty big for a 426" street engine. It's also too small for a race engine that needs optimal power produced at higher rpm. It's all about picking a camshaft that matches your engine's size, intended purpose, sustained operating rpm, gear ratio etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back